Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full remote control...

• 14-11-2000 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Here's something I'm toying around with.

I have a number of machines here and I'm thinking of setting up IR or radio microphone/speakers to each of them then run them using something like Game commander.

Give each machine a name so I can call it's name then say the command I want.

Seen some cool looking headsets, just wondering if anyone has something like this and recommends a good remote microphone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

(Images of Hobbes wearing a cowboy hat yelling commands from the fort made from the boxes they all came in).

Live the dream young man... smile.gif

Choose Witches over Mermaids every time, 'coz Mermaids they don't fly....

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 15-11-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the new voice command centre from creative gives you the options to talk to one or 2 people at a time, or the entire team.
    comes with a snazzy little thing for plugging it all into and even give you the headset with speaker phone so you too can look like an air traffic controller smile.gif

and there is yoke out there that does stuff for voice commands. cant remember the name of it, but i have it for UT. there is one for other games, but whether or not it works for networking applications, i dont know. might be worth looking into.

sure at this rate you can sit at one desk and use all the systems at leisure. talk about downsizing....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That sounds cool stick me down for the first copy of it and here give us a cheap deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from the software....

I just got a free copy of this and it works. You can switch weapons, send taunts, and create macros using voice commands. Check it out at http://www.gamecommander.com/

there you go.
    of course, not much good if you use roger wilco or battlecom at the same time smile.gif

Advertisement