Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

build your old PSX INTO your PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I love the psx/pc hybrid....But seriously..
    This guy needs to get out more often :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

http://www.afrotechmods.com/hdoc.htm

"Wow it's a good thing I didn't remove this sticker otherwise I could have voided my warranty! "
    LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I was thinking of doing something like taht, ceptjust piling a Sega MD1, PSX (late rev) and an Amiga600 all intothe one shoe box, possibly linking all the power boxes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

HeHe, yeah. I liked this site a lot :) When you first open it up you aren't sure if it is the site of a Genius or a madman.. come to think of it I still ain't sure...

I liked the Simulate being outside Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I remember many moons ago you could get a PC/Megadrive hybrid.. did not take off for some reason...

• Advertisement

Was it called the PC Engine by any chance?

I 've absolutely no knowledge of what it did or if it's any good, but I know it had either an 8bit processor and a 16-bit graphics bliter or a 16-bit processor and a 32-bit gfx chip.

Was a shared proprietory thing I think. Like the 3DO, it was manufactured by a few differnet companies..I think.
    I ahvce a cool little book about the history of computer games at home. The PC Engine is mentioned in it somewhere.

unless of course you refer to the 32X MEGACD SEGA abomination.... £200 of extra hardware for no reason (ie no good games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Freaky, hmmmmm........ what will the mad scientist think of next!

no no it was a PC with a megadrive built into it.. manufactured in the UK it was advertised in the likes of PC format way back when.. anyway i think on the left hand side of the DESKTOP case there was a panel that opened and you had your megadrive cartidge connector and place for the joypads..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Saruman
    no no it was a PC with a megadrive built into it.. manufactured in the UK it was advertised in the likes of PC format way back when.. anyway i think on the left hand side of the DESKTOP case there was a panel that opened and you had your megadrive cartidge connector and place for the joypads..

It was made by Amstrad as far as I remember.
    May have been called the Amstrad MegaPC.

Cool.

You could still do it, just need ribbon cables with the same number of cores as the cartridge port and the game ports.
    The TV caputre card is something I hadn't considered before...cool though :)

• Advertisement

Yeah that was it Samson... I remember being very impressed in them good ole days when Sonic was ll the rage and i had the good ole Commodore 64 still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

SO all you need do is connect the graphics to video in and sound to line in, and you can play ps on your monitor or....?

Yeah, but the fun part is physically sticking it inside your PC... Otherwise I'll just play it on my TV ;)

Yeah, but you should get better quality picture through the S-Video in on your card compared with even a Scart connection on the TV. Definately kicks the arse off RF-input and Composite video :) The Monitor is nicer to look at too, high refresh (though dependent on the card)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Yeah, but you should get better quality picture through the S-Video in on your card compared with even a Scart connection on the TV. Definately kicks the arse off RF-input and Composite video :) The Monitor is nicer to look at too, high refresh (though dependent on the card)
    True - have to try this out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

madness !!

but the site is justified alone by the use of Dr.Frink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Look at this masterpeice, its a pc... in a NES!

(attached file)

That is pretty damn cool :)

It'll be tuesday evening earliest before I can have that card fixed Thrax. Won't be down in the labs today at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Sound I'll be getting it off JP today I think.

I'd like to see you try and get a PC into a NES John, go on, its a challenge :)

Hmmmmmmmmm I have an old 486 Board and an old NES I could have fun playing with... do I really want to risk ruining my NES.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

thrax do u rember when u stick ur old laptop on the wall and we turn it on and it worked.that was funny

Advertisement