Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODTR: Durys, next Tuesday.

Options
  • 01-02-2002 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Date: Tuesday, February 5th, 2002.
    Venue: Jurys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
    Admission: Euro 13
    Topic:'The Telecommunications Industry in Ireland - 2002 - 2005'

Ms. Etain Doyle will talk about the future of the Irish telecommunications industry and the implications for Irish entrepreneurs. Incorporated in this, Ms. Doyle will cover 3G, how the Office operates it's consultations, how people can provide their views to the Office and the Offices enforcement powers.

http://www.firsttuesday.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

"Hi, I'm Etain Doyle;
    I've done absolutely nothing for profileration of advanced telecommunications in this country. I'm pretty rudderless in my ability to impose things, all I can do is hold things up in the hope that one side or other will give in. It's not all my fault, I was supposed to be given legislation which would empower me to do some useful stuff, but apparently it is more important to have another abortion referendum, have rows about a national stadium or even open offlicenses in Leitrim.
    We had a chance to get Ireland pretty high in the major league about the net, as we had a open minded, enthusiastic public and people were prepared to put *loads* of money in to ideas for developing businesses on the web.
    Of course all that moneys gone now, and people's enthusiasm has been replaced with a jaded 'oh yeah the internet, well it made my phone bill go insane, was completely unreliable whenever you need it and all I do now is check email at work and buy Ryanair tickets'

If you are an entrepenour who still have some money, rest assured we'll find a way for Tony O'Reilly to be the only person who really gains from all this, after all he used to be good at rugby you know, and Gavin & Alison have a very nice house to keep up.

And if you are actually trying to work using the internet, or develop a business based around it; I hear the property prices in San Francisco have dropped enormously - hey it's cheaper then Dublin now ....

opinions expressed are my own, not boards.ie 's and not irelandoffline's in case any of this may be deemed libel [although I'm pretty sure I could persuade someone that it might go by the name of satire ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

its not only the ODTR's fault about the current internet fiasco, but who gives the ODTR the power? ( or lack of) yep the government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

I like it pretty well summed it up apart from missing out you dont want to rock the boat to much and loses your cushy goverment job as it seems you get paid for doing nothing. :)

Stone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I think I'll go. It would be interesting to see how the business community regards the ODTR these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Is IrelandOffline attending this in any official capacity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

you know the ODTR are in the Opportunites 2002 in the RDS all this weekend, and you can talk to them without paying fee's or anything ...

Advertisement