Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does bubbles really exist?

• 01-02-2002 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

there's been a lot of talk and speculation as to whether bubbles actually exists.
    many believe that he is some of spirit that haunts boards, while other's believe that he is sh*tstirring script thats included in all bb software. some have even suggested that he's a fragment of devore's mind, used for posting stuff that a admin could never admit to.

so join the campaign to find out:

"Does Bubbles really exist?"

nobubbles.gif

Does bubbles really exist? 46 votes

Bubbles is an internet spirit, existing only in an electrical form
    0% 0 votes
    Bubbles is some sort of bulletin board flame script
    8% 4 votes
    Bubbles *is* devore
    8% 4 votes
    Bubbles is real
    56% 26 votes
    Bubbles is an atari jaguar
    26% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by MiCr0
    some have even suggested that he's a fragment of devore's mind, used for posting stuff that a admin could never admit to.

Spot on... I never thought of that... so obvious all along!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

atari jaguar

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

damn. rumbled.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

He exists, the question is does his sister exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think Devore created a Bubbles bot in the image of the late Bubbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Well in that case DeV, when's your Russian Wife arriving? Going to get her to do some moderating while you relax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

U mean all that time it was DeVore who was sending me all those pictures of eh em NEVERmind

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Having met the legend himself, I can now reveal to you all that he is infact, an Atari Jaguar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by DeVore
    damn. rumbled.

DeV.
    Knew it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I can't believe it only took you all about 5 years to find out! Something should have clicked with you ages ago! Ahh well, secrets out now, better use another nick

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is getting a bit too Fight Club... I havent slept in ages..,

DeVore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Here, take a mallet. It'll dull the pain. :)

I still laugh every time I see Bubbles' tribute to boards.
    [sniffles] Brings a tear of joy to the corner of my eye [/sniffles]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Or Willy the chipmunk.. whatever happened to that thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I see you've edited this thread.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=36979
    Surely you could have posted it without Kyro's help??

Anyhoo there really is a cosmic Fight Club thing goin on in that thread.... Posting in close proximity as well
    how do you keep up with all DeV??

I suppose we should better watch out for a new board named after your next nick soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Hmmm....
    Willy's response is a bit freaky here Hobbes....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=1387

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Where you really have to wonder (and probably be a little scared!) is when you realise that half the nicks on boards are Bubbles.
    And Bubbles is devore. So Devore pretends to be bubbles and posts, devore replies, devore/bubbles than assumes a variety of personalities and replies to the original thread and the subsequent posts.

There is a psychology degree theses in there somewhere.
    And they say talking to yourself is the first sign...

I'm the better half of the brain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

:eek:

well, I'm convinced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Aaaaa Now it all makes sense ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Newbs...

BUBBLES IS A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX!

But in thinking, that could also mean he's a glitch in DeVore.
    Or possibly DeVore being the glitch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ive met bubbles.
    ive met devore.

devore was slimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    ive met bubbles.
    ive met devore.

devore was slimmer.

but did you see them both together???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I believe he's real.

But whats really gonna boggle yer noggin is..would he have ever existed if not for boards.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

bubbles ate devore.

Originally posted by Kyro
    But whats really gonna boggle yer noggin is..would he have ever existed if not for boards.ie?

Quite possibly not.
    If boards had never existed, bubbles would have found some other way of manifesting itself in DeVore's subconscious.
    We could have had Bubina?
    But this would probably only manifest at the weekends.
    There for, I do not think that this would be enough though, as judging by the Bubbles we have in this reality, there's too much bubbles to only exist at weekends.

During the week, DeVore would probably have had Bubbles coming out of his arse.
    Reeking of a Monty Python-Esque smell of sarcasm, and annoyance, much like the fat bloke in the resteraunt scene.

But, if we were to judge the situation on that scene, if bubbles had only been coming out of DeVore's arse, and at the weekends as Bubina, this would also have been insufficient.

DeVore would have burst before long.

And this would have released quite an unimaginable amount of Bubbles. Possibly taking out part of a city.

So, that is one possible outcome.
    DeVore would be dead.
    And there would be a huge black cloud of Bubbles looming over Dublin for some years to come... Not a pretty thought, is it?

Another possible outcome, is if there was enough manifestations of bubbles to coincide with the amount in this reality.
    At some time during the summer, DeVore would become Porce Garcce... A blatantly homosexual immigrant, with a thing for Jim Corr.

In this scenario, DeVore would have been deported before long. At which point, who could give a ****!? We'd be free!

Although, there is the possibility that a rather bitter Porce would possibly gather up a small peasant army. And over-run a frightening amount of tiny villages.
    Also fueled by Bubina's rage over loosing all the "Phine Dublin Bais, wit der gold chains." And "Deh ghud Discoes."
    Seeing as there's "Nutin 'roond he'ay wurt boderin' 'bout."
    This could be a force to reccon with...

And thus, is born Bubbam Husein!
    This madman would probably consume DeVore completely.
    Perhaps, there would be a little of him left, scratching to get out of the back of Bubbam's head.

In the nuclear fire that would result of a failed attempt to pull the plug on the experimental "Bubbinator" project, 6 billion human lives would be extinguished.
    "Probably all a bunch of fags anyway..." He would mutter.

Littletinyman's sarcasm still thrived.

In about 80 years time, an uprising would then begin.
    Slowly they would sneak into Bubbles' fortress of Bub.

The fortress would be destroyed with all the E.G.O. that had been stored in the back-up generators...
    A well timed T.R.O.L.L. sent the E.G.O. into a feedback loop, the resulting explosion destroyed the fortress.

Bubbles pisses everyone off to no end by surviving.

His head was seized, and then stored in an orbiting storage facility, hopefully never to return...

SO!

There you have it!
    If it wasn't for boards.ie safely containing the "Bubbles" phenominon, chaos, death, destruction and sarcasm would befall this earth.

So, be VERY ****ing glad it's here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You have WAY too much time on your hands. How long did that take you? :eek: :D

Originally posted by seamus
    You have WAY too much time on your hands. How long did that take you? :eek: :D

About 15 or 20 minutes...

But it was WORTH IT! :)
    So enjoy it, I worked very hard on it.

I wonder what DeVore will think of it?

But thankfully bubbles isn't restricted to the boards! bubbles has been able to spread his spawn of 'evil' to many other far corners of the net..... who knows what the future will bring.......

:)

Advertisement