Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Language information

• 01-02-2002 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Why, oh why are so many DVD-retail sites incredibly bad when it comes to providing information about the langauges that a DVD is available in.

I have been trying to hunt down a copy of City of Lost Children (by Jeunet) which has the original French soundtrack. Think I can find it? Not at all.

Amazon list a massively overpriced version which has the original soundtrack. Most other sites list a different edition, either either no language listed, or just "english". Of course, having checked some of the DVDs I have against these sites, they seem to mean "Yes, there is an English track on here amongst others" as opposed to "English is the only language on here".

Grrrrrrrr.

Anyway - if anyone actually knows of a site which has said DVD at a non-exorbitant price, with the original French soundtrack on it, please do tell me.

jc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

None, not here anyway. The Region 2 (UK/Ireland) version is actually dubbed in English, so it doesn't feature the French (original) track (stupid decision?) at all.

Your best bet would be to find an online French DVD retailer, and get it there. Alternatively, get the R1 version (lil spensive tho):

http://www.dvdexpress.com/product_movies.asp?type=Movie&PRODUCTNUMBER=9346

Best version out AFAIK, cos i think it features both the Standard 1.33:1 [4:3], and 1.85:1 aspect ratios
    Add'l Features: Enhanced for 16x9 TVs
    Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
    Audio Tracks: Dolby Digital Surround: French

Advertisement