Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vannilla Sky

• 01-02-2002 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

is it any good? the ads dont really promote it well. i hear from some people that it is good. what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Absolutely downright fantastic until the last 20 minutes, then it goes downhill rather a lot. Still DEFINITELY worth watching though - top notch movie with some really good lines and scenes and the best licensed soundtrack in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I loved it. If you like a good clever film where everything isn't spelled out and makes you think a bit you should like this. Some nice witty lines too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

does it have a good plot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Shinji
    Absolutely downright fantastic until the last 20 minutes, then it goes downhill rather a lot.

IMO, absolutely, totally confusing until the last twenty minutes. Extremely watchable throughout, I thought it ended great. Oh, and Kurt Russel in a good movie, what next?

Yeah, it's by far the best role poor old Kurt has had in a very long time indeed. He's damn good in it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

CONTAINS SPOILERS. AND BAD LANGUAGE TOO

okay, i can't be arsed dragging myself into a cinema and throwing away two hours of my life on vanilla ice especially when i have a pathological hatred of the duck-walking dwarf (brought on by rain man and reinforced by far and away, the worst movie ever made) so i stayed up way past my bed time last night and watched the original of this, open your eyes. and oh! my! god! it's just another existentialist angst ****, isn't it, with only la cruz's jiggling titties to liven it up (and even they don't liven it up much cause she's a ****ing mime artist. do they actually come out in the remake or is she past that phase in her career?

this sort of crap works great when you're stoned, or pissed, or a first-year uni student or even as a short story on the written page. but in the cinema ... it just never works. at the first mention of the word cryogenics you just go awwh **** no man, you can't pull that sorta bull**** on me, can you? but they can. and we let them away with it. nobody liked it when bobby ewing stepped out of the shower and wrote off the whole of the previous series of dallas as nothing but a dream - how the **** can anybody like this crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

*WARNING CONTAINS BREAST RELATED SPOILERS.

Originally posted by SweetBirdOfTruth
    with only la cruz's jiggling titties to liven it up (and even they don't liven it up much cause she's a ****ing mime artist. do they actually come out in the remake or is she past that phase in her career?

yes they make an appearance or two :)

I propose that in future, where Black Hawk Down had warnings saying "Contains Frequent Strong Battle Horror", films should have warnings such as "May Cause Engaging of Brain", in order to avoid the pain and suffering caused to SweetBirdOfTruth by such films. I'm sure there are many other people out there who can't handle non-linear narrative or inobvious plot resolution as well; perhaps we should set up a charity organisation of some description?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

inobvious plot resolution? if you read my post you'd see that it's the fact that the plot resolution was patently obvious from the first mention of the word cryogenics and that's what i'm ranting about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

agree with Shinji 100%
    I loved it loved it until near the end. I was so disappointed when I left the cinema I forgot how good the majority of the film was. The bad ending casts a horrible shadow over the rest of the film. Such a shame.

Tho I gotta admit I don't agree with SweetBirdOfTruth (calm down man). If you hate it so much go back to watching your run-of-the-mill Hollywoodshyte.
    The only thing I had a prob with is the end, could have been better. Tom Cruise can be good/entertaining when he gets the right role (ala Interview With The Vampire).

• Advertisement
Advertisement