Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making asf files

Options
  • 01-02-2002 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

What exact software do I need on my machine to make .asf files or .asx files, the streaming media

I am just curious as I have been asked to find a different way besides real player and quicktime to allow users to watch video online

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

also as a side note, does the server, on which you would store these files for playing, require any specific software installed on them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Got this sweet little program before ULead Video Studio 5 and its great for editing video files, it can also incode them in wmv mpg and mov.
    Not what your asking for i know but .wmv files are very small and suited to the web, realplayer and quick time sux me thinks.

There only one problem with this program its a 30-day trial but there be ways around that, BUY IT! :) Worth a look me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    also as a side note, does the server, on which you would store these files for playing, require any specific software installed on them too?

No. Just on your p.c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

so in theory I could put this files on any public server

i.e. eircom, geocities????

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Yes, they are in the same class as Flash movies whereby only the visitor to the site need install the Flash plugin but no software has to be installed/modified on the server end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement