Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom xDSL eh...?

• 20-11-2000 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this, but it looks rather promissing. Take a look at this email i got after complaining to eircom they are taking too long with adsl deployment. . .

Thank you for your recent email.

Eircom will shortly announce the next part of its strategy to remain market leader in the communications / entertainment market when we unveil plans for the introduction of xDSL in the next six to eight weeks. Currently, we cannot release information regarding how xDSL products and services will be delivered and what eircom's retail proposition will be as we are assessing market needs and how we might best address them.

However, we can assure you that we aim to offer customers the best range of DSL enabled services we can, and we are committed to providing this technology to as many customers as possible on a phased basis beginning early next year. Actual role out plans have not yet been finalised and we are therefore unable to tell you exactly when and where the service will be available at the moment. As soon as we are in a position to provide customers with more specific details of eircom's DSL offering, we will of course do so.

I hope this will be of assistance to you.

Regards,

Niamh.

Hmmmmmm smile.gif

Moriarty
    moriarty@gamersfm.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

In other words we havent a clue but honest it will be worth staying with us [even if we are screwing you for as much as we can possible get].Even if we do get our greedy arses moving on the xdsl issue we will follow what bt has done in the uk slowly very slowly roll out adsl over the next ten years bla bla bla bla bloody bla.

Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

thats just a standard response tech support people use, fill in the blanks smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

In fact over six weeks ago Eircom announced that they were going to announce their DSL strategy.

Irish times (4 November 2000)
    http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/finance/2000/1004/fin3.htm
    We plan to unveil our plans for the introduction of XDSL in six to eight weeks

The eight week period ends on the 29th November.

Be interesting to see if they can make the deadline for an announcement. wink.gif
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

Also see:

http://www.telcowatch.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=97&t=97

I think "6 to 8 weeks" was chosen because it's far enough into the future to forget about but not so far that it's a joke. And it can be used over and over again. Gotta hand it to those marketing peeps. I used to think they were wnkrs. smile.gif

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

ME Sceptical never rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement