Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Znes

• 02-02-2002 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded the zsnes emulator because I wanna play mario world. But I can't get it to work. Does anyone have any experience with zsnes? I go to file load and the the little time glass comes up as if the computer is loading something but then nothing happens.

I have a 233 pII, 64ram and I installed directx v.8. Anyone know whats wrong? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Use SNES9X instead :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I just downloaded it. No joy. Although this one gave an error message. It said bad checksum and something like AMD corrupt

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

download snes9X again so ;)

ive used both and fine but i prefer snes9x

god only knows how many times i finished mario world :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Sounds like a dodgy rom. My SMW rom works fine with zSnes and Snes9x.

Thanks for all the help! Just downloaded mario cart and it works perfectly! I just have to go find mario world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Snes9X is the first and only EMU I've seen that properly runs PilotWings :D
    God I love that game to bits.

You guys probably already know this, but I was just using kazaa and I type in roms. A big list came up! You can get big files that contain loads of roms! For example I saw 600 snes roms bundled together. they come to 66mb though! But there were other files that had 2500 roms together with there emulators! Just thought I'd share that with everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I've used Zsnes for as long as I can remember...and its never given me any bother. I find that Snes9X can slowdown in places... Especially with a PC like steve here mentioned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Snes9X is the first and only EMU I've seen that properly runs PilotWings

Played it there on the latest update of znes and it's fine:)
    Although your right in saying that previous versions of the emu had lots of missing spites and other weird stuff.
    You guys probably already know this, but I was just using kazaa and I type in roms. A big list came up!

Yeah seems like KaZaA is a pretty good place to pick up n64 roms, actually all things nintendo including the GBA.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

I have always used snes9x it loads all my roms i have downloaded and it works really well.
    Dont forget to visit my emulator website..There are only two pages up but i will put the rest of the pages up nest weekend....
    http://www.gamingworlds.s5.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement