Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Chorus to Sky

Options
  • 02-02-2002 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

I told Chorus that I wanted to close my account. They asked why .. and I told them that I am moving to SKY .

Then they asked for a date and time when they could call to "remove their equipment and cut the cable".
    This is weird as a friend is waiting for over 6 months for Chorus to send out someone to deal with a problem.

Obvioulsy Chorus want to prevent me from getting RTE etc. free from them.

As it costs nothing to let me have the signal are they out of order in coming to cut the cable ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Well if they left you with all the channels after you leave, whats the point in other people continuing to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Although i had Chorus MMDS service instead of Chorus cable, I have to add that I had several problems to get them to take away the aerial and box. If my memory is correct, i think I had to wait four times for them to show up. After several frantic calls they eventually arrived, but the engineer only wanted the decoder box and wanted to leave the aerial!!!!! After a brief conversation it was finally removed.
    Several of my neighbours who ditched Chorus MMDS for Sky, had their decoder boxes collected but the aerials remain on the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Well if they left you with all the channels after you leave, whats the point in other people continuing to pay?

That is not what I am saying, I am only talking about the Irish stations.

Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

when i moved to my new house i got in sky
    but i have a cable from the old chorus connection to get the irish channels - much better quality than my rabbits ears aerial

so thank you chorus

Advertisement