Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinXP and drivers....

• 02-02-2002 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

There are four modems that have driver probs with XP
    askey cnr v.92
    aztech cnr v.92
    smart link 56k
    Intel ham data fax modem....

was there other hardware that XP identified but installed the wrong drivers or non-certified MS drivers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

check the HCL on microsft, i think www.microsft.com/hcl

that will tell you if its supported or not, if not your screwed unless either the manufacturers bring out working drivers or a service pack addresses the problem.

i dont think the HCL is there any more... but its there somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Cheers, another site to bookmark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by SearrarD
    There are four modems that have driver probs with XP
    askey cnr v.92
    aztech cnr v.92
    smart link 56k
    Intel ham data fax modem....

was there other hardware that XP identified but installed the wrong drivers or non-certified MS drivers?

*shudder*
    yuck

in my line of work i come across those **** modems every day and they cause all sorts or probs in XP

its all cause the manufactures - better not name names - just lobbed in the win2k drivers when assembling the machines, theres a fix for 3 of them on the smart link webiste - www.smlink.com

smartlink make the askey and the aztec aswell

Try telling PC-illiterate guy that even though he just sepnta small leg on a new PC, that the reason his internet doesnt work is because his modem is using the wrong driver...
    He thinks that we provide the internet, and the problem cant be with his PC cause its new and computers dont make mistakes....
    yeah, AOL own the internet and keep it in little baskets and hand it out for 14.99 a month....

again MS fu<ked up royal...

again good advice: Everyone should check for driver updates once a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

there are loads of people using scanners and other hardware that isnt supported anymore - sm56 motorolam modems spring to mind - that will never work in XP

• Advertisement

I thought that that motorola modem was not supported cause it uses a crap UART....

ne who...I'll check for those scanners....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

What the heck is the deal with XP and modems? It's like they've given up on modems all together for this release. I've gone through 3 in the last week.

It's all those other Countries with their broadband connections....Microsoft never would have expected such a backwards country as our fair isle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Epson GT-7000 Photo has no signed driver and the scanner came with a scsi controller and they don't bother to make a driver for it. The B@$tards.

Advertisement