Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nolimits crap atm

• 15-11-2000 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

iol/esat nolimits has really gone to **** or is it just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Well its not just you. They've been absolutely appauling for me lately, takes 10-15 tries on average to get a connection between 7 and 10, and even then it comes and goes a bit, dropping to .1k/sec for a few minutes every hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yeah the speeds on snl have been absolutlu crap over the last few days... like 1.5kb downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think the quality of service is inversely related to the price. I feel another price hike coming up.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I ended changing the number of retries to 100 and just left the thing to connect. i knew it would get there eventually.

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Most it took was 67 times trying to connect,
    Appaling.. between 7-10pm.. now NoLimits was GREAT after 11pm for a while.. but now its actually WORSE than during the evening. Now what that makes me thinks is that after 11 or midnight someone at esat is using up ALL their bandwidth.. i mean wtf like.. there cant be that many people who download all night!.. i know a lot of us guys do.. and get out machines to turn off at 8am but there can be thousands at it imho.
    Something ODD is happening.

oh btw.. if during those peak times you use
    esats proxy through getright you still get decent downloads.. but from 11pm - about 4am even with the proxy in use you get 1k a sec MAX.. tis ****in weird..

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I was getting appaling pings to servers and DL rates with nolimits about a week ago, but it's back to normal for me now, 50,666bps and a steady 160 ping biggrin.gif

It's about a society in freefall....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

phew its not just me
    I spend most nights swearing like a sailor at my pc coz there is just no way of getting online for decent length of time.

Then it has the cheek to bring up the poxy "internal error" box *******s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

well i dled at 48 bytes a second on esat so ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Yup its absolutuly pants these days bag lag to netshop servers and crap downlaods.

If i reconnect after about midnight its gets better tho'

Still tho this muct be rectified - its not like its a FREE service !!!

frown.gif

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 15-11-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

Apart from SNL are there any similar offers (off peak unlimited access)from other companys (eircom and the like)?

im looking for one at the moment..

Stephen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

no there isnt, thats why we are stuck in this sh*t of a situation. soon as some good competition comes(in all respects:connections
    and prices) then im leaving esat and eircom to their own devices. i hope everyone does same(provided alternatives are as good[!!!]), lets leave the companies that have no respect for the customers to rot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ive been having trouble connecting recently.
    Not as bad as some of you however.
    Usually Id connect straight off, but recently it takes 3-10 tries (not quite 67 I know:P)

WhenI am connected, the dl speeds are same as always though. I am living in west cork, so there might not be too many snl customers leeching the local bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Lograce

Glad its not only me. Esat are really ****. I didnt get the record of 67 attempts usually around 30 , it is a pain in the ars. Even if I am luckly enough to gret on I get to the home page, click, and nothing, lets try again. Sometimes it doesnt even recognise the password..strange, surf from page to page and any second now you are waiting for that horrible disconnection click, what a head wrecker. Is there really any good isp out there esat your full of STRESS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

yeh man.. i remember it well.. was with netpal which records them all.. pain in the T|TS i tell ya.. now though between 7 and 10 it can take up to 40 mins to connect.. it just keeps dialing and dialing.. ARS3!

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Anybody try emailing esat to complain? I did but didn't get any response - surprise, surprise.

Ye I have mailed and phoned esat a number of times and they keep telling me that it could be my modem, pc settings, my telephone line that its to long, socket box, squeaky gate, rusty car, old granny. Do they really think we are stupid.Then they go of the subject completely and I was asked about esat fusion...esat CONfusion sounds better.

I gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Same here. Esat is going from bad to worse. Funny thing I did notice was that in my old house immediately after I joined ESAT the connects were fine for about a month then went to sh|t. After I moved house I cancelled my esat account because I needed to get a new phone line installed. Now in my new flat i reopened an ESAT account and my connects were agin perfect for about a month. Now again they have degenerated into utter tripe. Is it just me or could esat be using CLID to allocate better gateways to newer customers and after a certain length of time routing older customers to the crap gateways to keep the new members sweet. Strange but maybe true. I'm going to e-mail ESAT AGAIN right now.

.logic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I find its crap but when you reconnect enough you can get a decent connect
    I was getting steady 5k/sec last night, no bother.

eemmmmhhhh....any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Esat mails seem to go directly to /dev/null and complaint by phone goes to the ummm I don't care department.
    Its fruitless until some flat rate competition comes along.

.logic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement