Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A treat for MGS2 Europe

Options
  • 02-02-2002 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

METAL GEAR SOLID 2 IN THE MAKING: WORLD'S FIRST IMAGES

Europe will be the only region in the world to be graced with an extra disc for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Konami has already gone on the record with the reason for the disc as being the considerable delay for the PAL version, and those of you waiting patiently for March 8 will no doubt have your chagrin quelled by the extra. No one knew anything about he addition until today: check out our world exclusive images of the "making of" disc for quite possibly the most anticipated game of all time. We also have final European pack art of the PlayStation 2 title.
    Hideo Kojima's masterpiece, the last Metal Gear title he'll ever direct, makes an extremely tasty package when coupled with the new footage. As you can see from the menu screen, an in-depth commentary on the stealth-based super-adventure is provided by Kojima himself. Other features include an artwork gallery, character biographies and all previously released trailers.

The other shots are from a section where Kojima speaks to Snake about the DVD through the Codec messaging screen, and the beginning of his talk-through from the very first sequence of the game on the George Washington Bridge in New York.

Who loves you? We do. Konami does. Kojima does. Keep your eyes peeled for more Metal Gear Solid 2 action than you can possibly handle in the coming months.

Another good reason to buy this game.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isn't this, like, really old news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Who loves you? We do. Konami does. Kojima does.

Who cares! Someone finally loves me!

I'm on top of zee world here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Isn't this, like, really old news?

Yes its really old, like 1 day and then some hours..my you live it in the fast lane.
    Ripped From CVG No one knew anything about he addition until today: check out our world exclusive images of the "making of" disc for quite possibly the most anticipated game of all time

My mistake. I thought I heard something regarding a bonus disc when they announced the delay. Apparantly not though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

They've always said that they were planning to do extra content for Europe, nakey, but a whole bonus disc is new news. So close, but no cigar. Chernobyl gets a cigar instead. :)

(Shame that they're giving us making of documentaries but not apparently finishing the blasted game. That'd be a nice bonus for Europe. Ho hum.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Sorry to be a pain in the ***, but NekkidBibleMan is right..
    This news is a couple of weeks old..
    He gets the big Cuban... (cigar)

January 7th:
    Another European delay ... but with a good reason.

After only recently announcing an official release date for Metal Gear Solid 2 in Europe this new delay should come as a shock to European fans of the series. The game, which was originally slated for release on February 22, 2002 is now scheduled for release on March 8th. According to Konami, the delay is due to the high demand for the title, which is expected to ship more than a million units, and the production of the editional "making of" DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

More the reason to buy it well i won't have to the delay worked well in my favour good ole' birthday not long now!

Your not getting my Cigars.
    :p

I'm not taking any cigars off Rob. You just don't know where they've been - though being Rob, you probably have a fair idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I can't wait for this game, but I saw somebody's post elsewhere, which suggested just renting this game and completing it in that time, and it seems like a great idea.

I played and finished MGS1 (on the PC), and loved it, but it had absolutely no replay value for me, once it was completed (unlike games like SSX tricky, GTA3)..

Wouldn't this be a better idea, and save your precious euro for other game rentals?

Although the graphics in the game are so good, it could be a keeper!

Decisions, decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Hmmmm,so they are giving you extra's in an attempt to make an 8hour game last longer.
    At least they are trying a little bit :)

Originally posted by Krusty_Clown
    I can't wait for this game, but I saw somebody's post elsewhere, which suggested just renting this game and completing it in that time, and it seems like a great idea.

I played and finished MGS1 (on the PC), and loved it, but it had absolutely no replay value for me, once it was completed (unlike games like SSX tricky, GTA3)..

Wouldn't this be a better idea, and save your precious euro for other game rentals?

Although the graphics in the game are so good, it could be a keeper!

Decisions, decisions...

I would suggest that you keep your hard earned money and just rent it. 8 hours gameplay does not warrant 50 Euro. You'll have it completed in 2 days.

Who rents MGS2....?

I have been waiting too long for this and €64 is fine with me, it will be a nice addition to my collection and finished with time to spare for Xbox and Rallisport Challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Err perhaps i'm off topic here cos i skimmed thru the posts but the japanese got the bonus DVD, an artbook and a figure of solid snake in the limited edition. I stuck with the standard anyway thinking much like everyone over here right now does (that it would be without doubt amazing)...... its not.

Who rents MGS2....?

I do, or will. My reason?:

€64 is fine with me

It aint fine with me.

Advertisement