Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voodoo3 3000

• 26-11-2000 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

does anyone know the dimensions of the v3 3000 (preferably the pci version but they're probably both the same size). i just need to know how long and wide it is so i'll know if it will fit into my case/tower thingy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Dont buy it, tis ****.

For deminsions try out www.scan.co.uk

or maybe another of the resellers will have it on the spec sheet www.peats.ie www.marx-computers.ie

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah man, go for a GeForce2 smile.gif
    Or at least a TnT2, they're pretty cheap now-a-days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

lump thx for the sites. i cant get geforce cos i dont have agp, so v3 3000 is the best bet seeing as the v5 is so overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

price of the v5's should go down now that 3dfx have stopped further development with PC voodoo graphics cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

hmm ive got the agp version its 5.8cm length and 3.5cm height.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

V3's aren't very big, you might be thinking of the huge V5's if you're worried about it fitting in your case. V3 is well on par with a TNT2 for opengl based games (quake, HL) but they're HOT cards. You might want to put a fan on it, which on my card extends over an adjacent PCI slot, so if you're short on slots you might want to look for something cooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

cheers PHB, thats all i needed to know smile.gif

Advertisement