Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCSIness and cables

• 03-02-2002 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Have had a SCSI Epson scanner working with a mac for last 2/3 years, working fine. Now need to connect it to a pc.

Cable with scanner comes as SCSI<-->25 pin || cable. If I get a PCI SCSI card what kind of port will it have? Will it take the 25-pin plug?

Cheers,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It depends on the card you get. You can get these cheap scsi cards with 25pin exernal ports, specifically designed for things like zip drives and scanners. But if you get something like a high performance ultra-160 scsi card, it will have a 68pin scsi III port. You can get cables to convert between the different scsi standards, but they're pricey. (think around €40 for a 25pin->68pin cable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Is it by any chance a Epson Perfection 1200S??/

If it is I got a SCSI card with it.
    25-pin SCSI2 connector on the back plane to a 50-pin centronics on the scanner.
    Has an internal 50pin connector for a ribbon cable too (must find a hard/zip drive for that one). Adaptec 2903 I think.
    Had a bit of bother getting the whole caboodle to work under 2k, but that went tits-up after a day or two anyways so I reinstalled 98. Works fine now.
    Ultra 160 eh?? :)
    DABS have a nice 29160/N for about STR£149, but they're out of stock and overdue atm :(

Advertisement