Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shops suck

Options
  • 04-02-2002 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I went out to buy MOH:AA on saturday and both Game and Virgin were sold out! I drive up special loike throught the wind and rain and it's not there. :( If I had ordered it online during the week instead of supporting local businesses, I would have it already.

Ended up getting OF instead and the ****ing thing keeps crashing :mad: Not a good weekend for Blitzey :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Game and Virgin are hardly local businesses. If you want to support those, try an Indie retailer like Gamesworld. Hell, you might even find a member of staff who knows something about games in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

no you wont.
    they dont even sell Dreamcast games.
    let alone N64.
    n00bs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My local gamesworld has about 4 different PC games, a few DVDs and sh1tloads of PSX/PS2 stuff.

that's fine if I never use my pc . Otherwise, they suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If I buy from Game or Virgin some local pimply faced twat has a job. If I buy online they don't.

It's not just games either. Irish shops suck ass. I bought the One Minute Science album lately. Both HMV and Virgin told me they didn't have it, but would be in in a few days - twice. Basically just fobbed me off with any old excuse. I ordered it online and had it within two days. Out of interest I checked for it in the shops on saturday - they still don't have it. The biggest bookshop in Cork is Waterstones and they over-charge on a tiny selection of books. The biggest hardware vendor is the PC Superstore and they suck ass, and over-charge on a tiny selection of hardware. No wonder the celtic tiger is dead. If people wanted to buy anything they had to send their money to britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Gamesworld suck ass like a vortex.
    I find my local Smyth's to be class.
    They started in Mayo, opened a shop in Galway City and went from strength to strength. They kick the arse off those English shops on games prices too. Loads of good deals
    Their budget shelves are as big as the full-price and they know they'll make a nice bit of profit off good stuff at a decent price.
    I say this honestly and unbiasedly - I've never once had a problem with Smyth's regarding PC software. They still even have the 'try-before-you-buy- thing going on some stuff for the PC and on nearly everything for the PC.
    I went up to teh Tallaght one and it was like a warehouse. All cold and dark.
    "Galweh roolz" :)

Would Game in Limerick have any Jags left? I'd liek to buy one...and then mod it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

im about to start another thread about game prices! Look for it.. could be interesting

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=41402&goto=newpost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Its not a local business or an Irish business, but its a small business ran by people who know something about games...

Gameplay ran out of money before, and now just sell games and do none of the stuff that cost them money!!

They are cheap and reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

MWAHAHAHAHHAHA! Aib have seen fit to give me a Lazer card. TEH FOOLS! I SHALL DESTROY THEM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    I went out to buy MOH:AA on saturday and both Game and Virgin were sold out

Thats funny, cos we never got it in. We just got an updated release date of the 15th. Same happened today with State of Emergency.
    Originally posted by Shinji
    Game and Virgin are hardly local businesses. If you want to support those, try an Indie retailer like Gamesworld. Hell, you might even find a member of staff who knows something about games in there

Ah poo on you, I'm confident in what I know about games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

.....so that means the twat behind the counter was lying to me. Well that's much better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND

They are cheap and reliable

Not for PC games though :(
    Damn all selection compared to console games, and even they are just PSx/PS2/GBA/GBC games. Not a wifter of ATARI JAGUAR or Amiga......(sniff*)

Advertisement