Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"You have private messages"

• 04-02-2002 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

How about putting some notification of private messages have arrived at the top of the page instead of the very bottom on the main forum view?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i agree. sometimes i forget to check to see which luvly person has pm'd me this fine day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

are popup windows and emails not enough for ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't have any pop up windows? I don't want email either.

Just a little letter icon in the top or even just move the text from the bottom to the top. :p

Just I never notice, so I don't check that often and I get a lot of people giving out why I don't read my private messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Popups, I don get no stenkin' popups... ?

K

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Pop-Up menu's are grand, but they've stopped working for me recently - I got a few nasty Text messages from some impatient people telling me to check my PM's once in a while...

Ohhh I better go check them now...

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

popups only happen if you are on the site when the PM arrives. Which is weird but its the way its supposed to happen.

Email should be working. I'll look into moving a link up top.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I sometimes (always?) get a pop-up as soon as I log-in saying I have a PM (assuming there a new one there). I also get them during sessions. I also get e-mails whether I'm logged-in or out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

popups only happen if you are on the site when the PM arrives

Ahhh, that explains it then. Is there any way to fix that? It'd be nice if a popup, er, popped up whenever you visit the site and have unread messages.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's kinda 50-50 for me - sometimes it pops up as I open up www.boards.ie/vbulletin for the first time, sometimes it doesn't.

They always seem to popup when I'm browsing through the site though.

I never even noticed the notice on the bottom of the summary page :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by DeVore
    popups only happen if you are on the site when the PM arrives. Which is weird but its the way its supposed to happen.

Email should be working. I'll look into moving a link up top.

DeV.

I was in a cafe a week ago, and whilst I was online checking boards, my mate text me and was curious as to why I "Didn't bother checking the PM's" he had sent me whilst I was there...

It's only happened once or twice, so I'd say it's just a mild hiccup, possibly cookie related, so forget I said anything :D

• Advertisement

Hobbes, Kix, Ropedrink go to User CP --> Edit Options and select the following:

Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?
    This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message.

By the way what is the limit on the content of the in/out boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't like pop-ups. I don't want pop-ups. Is it too much to ask to move the "you got mail" to the top of the page? :roll:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The pop ups don't always work either.

Originally posted by Hobbes
    :roll:

And Hobbes flips from front to back to front to back front to back ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I get told i have unread PMs from the little bit at the bottom of the boards.ie/vbulletin page sometimes when i dont.... ?

oh and is there any way you can put the private message notification somewhere on the front page for those of us who are practically always logged in? it'd make it alot easier :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

The popups work rarely for me...and I dont want to get emails.

What about implementing it in the boards.ie ticker?

Originally posted by Kyro
    The popups work rarely for me...and I dont want to get emails.

I was popular today and got about 8 PMs in an hour and a half. What I noticed was if you leave the window in which you read the last PM open (which may be the main window you are using), you won't get a pop-up. So try opening a new window when you do get a pop-up and close than window when finished.

Advertisement