Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leprecon XXIII, Trinity College Dublin

Options
  • 04-02-2002 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

And for the second gaming convention of the year...

Leprecon XXIII

23rd & 24th February
    GMB, Trinity College, Dublin.

Leprecon is the oldest con in the country and it features as wide a range of games as you'll find at any other con in the country.

The website has full timetables etc. etc. and it can be found at
    http://www.csc.tcd.ie/~gamers/leprecon/

Also, Leprecon features a LAN. Full details available from the website.

Lir.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Lir may I ask as to why VDR rules are being allowed for 40k, as this was in the leaflet you gave us at Warpcon. It doesn't seem very fair to have it subject to GM only. They are optional rules and as such have no place in a tournament, they are far too easy to abuse.

Apart from that I'll see ya up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by nesf
    Lir may I ask as to why VDR rules are being allowed for 40k, as this was in the leaflet you gave us at Warpcon. It doesn't seem very fair to have it subject to GM only. They are optional rules and as such have no place in a tournament, they are far too easy to abuse.

Apart from that I'll see ya up there :)

VDR rules??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

I'm not even going to begin to comment on the Wargames rules for Leprecon for two reasons:

1) I'm not on the committee of the convention (used to be, but I decided to stop when I left TCD), I'm posting this here for general information (see, us IGA chairmen are nice like that).

2) Either Vinny Carpenter or Hugh Lardner would be much better people to ask as they are the Wargames guys for Leprecon. One or both of them should be at the Guild on a regular basis or they should be contactable via gamers@csc.tcd.ie

Lir

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Cheers Lir, Lemming VDR = Vehicle Design Rules, they were in White Dwarf a few months back, and are in the Chapter Approved Compedium. They basically can allow you to put terminatiors in a Rhino, or an earthshaker gun on a Land Raider, never mind the weapon mods you can do, ala D3 shots for gatling upgrade.. Twin Linked Gatling Eathshaker Cannon mmmmm.....

In all honesty they have no place in a wargames tourney.

Anyways, I'll probably be up for Leprecon Lir, looking forward to some good games, and probably being in debt coming out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

A good con it twas.

Got me a big nasty Cleaver (Latax of course) and a Lump hammer and had great fun in the Vamp LARP.

cya all round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Very good Con. indeed. My first ever though, but still, I think I could be easily addicted to these good things.... And my Sword, Oh, my Sword... Mmmh... I want more, I want more!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Aye it was a very fine con indeedly, even if it did arm certain members of the baord more...scary ;-)

More cons you say? Check out www.gameeire.com for updates and a con schedule to be posted soon.

Next is K2 (talk to lir) in Killarney on the 8-10th, then Dominicon in Maynooth 22-24th March (mail me for details)

Too many fingers in too many game pies...

mmmm....game pie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Many Thanks for the info!

I'll see for K2, unfortunately I'll be away for Dominicon... :(

I eventually found gamers in Ireland, I'm not going to let them go!! I was left 3.5 years without a good long game when I first moved to Ireland... Arrrrghhhh!!!
    Need another Fix, games, please games!!! ;)

Now I found loads of cool players, doesn't need much to keep me happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

Just as a point, anyone who does wish to book for K2 has about 5 days to do so. You cannot just turn up at the door, this is an over-18s event with limited spaces.

Further information (on how cool it is) can be found at this site.

Any other enquiries can be pointed at lir@lspace.org

Lir.

Advertisement