Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making DVD Discs

• 04-02-2002 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience making DVD disks ? I want to make ones that will play in the standard dvd players.

I see loads of cheap dvd ram and dvd rw burners but I don't know how standard these are. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of the proper dvd makers and which one it should be ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

you MUST get DVD burner NOT DVD RAM!!

RAM will only play in a DVD ram drive, it will only burn to DVD ram also... they are like a cartridge.. like a cd in a Jewl case.. basically the same size etc..

DVD writer/Re-writer... will burn normal DVD's though i dont know if all DVD's will plat a DVDrw but a DVDr disk should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Most blank disks I've seen around are only 4.5GB so you would probably have to talor them a bit to bring the size down.

It can be done there use to be a site which sold them, each movie was about 3GB in size - great quality - no region protection and worked in a standard player.

Advertisement