Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Flatrate

Options
  • 04-02-2002 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

We have just finished our wireless club network. 4 bases one node on a mountain and one NTL cable connection. We encountered lots of problems with equipment but got sorted over the Christmas period. Wireless Lucent Orinoco amps (a must) and a Linux geek was our saving grace. We hope to negotiate some bandwidth from a new source very soon and expand the network to include new members. Network security is a priority so we will only include friends for the moment. More info and a web address soon.

No need for powernet, eircom ect... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

nice 1 ;) well done !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Well done. Eircom look out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Fantastic. You must give us an idea on what it's costing you.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

One small group is now able to say:

"Eircom, you are the weakest link, goodbye!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Nice work :)

I can't wait for the web page to see how it was all done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

Yes it would be very interesting to see how this all works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

that site would be interesting to see. is this part of irishwan if so which one? we hope to have the limerick one up and running soon with a 1MB leased line

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Is that against the NTL terms and conditions, or is it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Is that against the NTL terms and conditions, or is it ok?
    it is but we're just testin :) We have another connection pending...... I will put up more info on costs and future developments as they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

where are you I'm guessing south dublin, with NTL cable and the node on the mountain. I'm in south dublin and am looking to setup a small wireless network.
    any chance I could talk to you about it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement