Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staind last night

Options
  • 04-02-2002 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Regardless of how many of you hate them or think they're a wannabe rock band, they pretty damn good. The support band, Vex Red are well good, and definitely have a future. They did a cool metal version of 'Genie in a Bottle', which was nice :)
    Aaron Lewis has a brilliant voice, he was in tune all the way through, unlike some others (RHCP) and was pretty damn good at gettin the crowd goin. So love 'em or hate 'em this tour will seriously raise their fan base and their critical respect :) Damn good :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'm sorry but musically that was one of the most boring gigs I have ever seen. Have guitar solo's been banned from rock music? I'll put up a longer reply later.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I heard they were crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Great gig! i loved it - Mike rocked out with his mad stance with a guitar. Aaron was cool and layed back, and when the croud finished our little verse during "Outside" he said "That was fu<king Beautiful" :). Johnny got his high pitched voice in action during "Its Been a while" and Jon the drums in perfect key!
    The Band were great and the ticket was worth every penny/cent :p
    As usuall, the mosh pit sucked a$$ because the point seperates the crowd in 2 and 15 year old girls will be crushed, so we couldnt go all out.

The Concert was well planned out, and everything was right on key. Just when i started to get knackered from the mosh, the concert was slowed down with the smooth acustic sounds to sooth our aching bodies for 2 songs, which was then followed by mudshouvel - to start the rockin up again.

I have to say though - VexRed sucked a$$... I Cried out "Get off the stage!" and some dumb fool from behind pushed me saying "Shut up "man" Puddle Of Mud are cool".
    Just showed how much he knew :p

The Fanj - As far as lead guitar goes, your looking at the wrong type of rock music... if you are looking for lead - i recommend VanHalen or Eric Claptain. But speaking bad of Staind wont be tolerated :)

reD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41018

There lies my rant about the gig!

And why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

bit of a sad state of affairs really when a staind gig merits a thread but the greatest gig of the year Brian Wilson on friday gets no mention.

that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I went to Staind and i have to say though i dont like them .. pretty much at all they were pretty good (Well live) But Red Ice they weren't That good ffs! and Vex Red were good! deffinatley around the same level as Staind. Ohh what what part of the pit were u in meh friends and meh had a ****in laugh but all in all a pretyy good night was had by all. and many hugs were given to complete strangers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mibel

Aaron Lewis is a whining little bol.locks with nothing but fred durst backing him that is the only reason they are as big as they are now fuc.king fred durst the wa.nker their music sux all he does is whine and wail and cry little bit.ch

Advertisement