Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this spec any good?

• 30-11-2000 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

- Athalon PGA 1,100 MHz
    - Motherboard (Microstar Not sure what spec 6330MB?)
    - Tower 350W 7 Drive bays.
    - 256MB PC133CL3 SDRAM (maybe up to 380 not sure).
    - 34GB Hard Drive
    - 3.5 FDD, Zip Drive, DVD Rom.
    - ASUS GeForce V7700 DLX 64MB Deluxe
    - SBLIVE
    - 10/100 NW Card.
    - 56K Modem
    - CD Burner (ext)
    - 68pin Wide Ultra SCSI Card
    - Logitech Optical Mouse
    - 17" Monitor + Speakers

How much would you pay for that? I'm paying $800. I assume that's ok? smile.gif

Oh yea, the Ultra Wide I'm getting so I can hook up a portable 40GB DAT tape drive.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-11-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thats a really great spec, I would snap it up. That would cost you between twice and three times as much over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

In the US near where I work but I am actually salvaging a fair few bits from my current machine which is on it's last legs.

My current machine PII 450 I would be lucky to get $300 for it based on what the whole systems you can get here for the same price.

I just wanted to make sure it was an ok spec. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hobbes this crowd got a web addr and do they sell the components separately ?

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Just hope you aint bringing back to ireland to soon as if you buy goods worth over a £140 notes they slap ya willy with the big tax stick hehehe.As for good yea tis ive just upgraded to a amd tbird 1.2 k7 raid motherboard and an extra 128megs of ram taking me up to 256megs and a fop 38 fan to keep the beast cool and that set me back £600 irish punteroonys so fair play to ya, ya jammy whoooooooore hehehehe

Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    - 56K Modem</font>
    Hehe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

56k modem? bare in mind I have cable. :P

Gandalf they have a website www.pcsforeveryone.com . You do know that I am making this up based on a machine I already have.

They do sell stuff seperate, that's how I'm making it. One thing I'm not too happy about is thier refund policy is based on the current price or your price depending on which is lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hobbes? Can I be your b!tch?

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 03-12-2000).]

Advertisement