Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any GBA coders out there?

• 04-02-2002 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

I've just started doing some coding for my GBA, and I know a couple more people here that code for it too.
    I'm just wondering if anyone else codes for the GBA, or for similar devices, and has useful info/links.

I'm using the (gcc) dev kit from www.gbadev.org and reading
    tutorials from devrs.com/gba

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Sounds deadly!

I have a GBA too, how do you transfer your code from the PC to the GBA? Is it similar to that thing you can get in Hong-kong that lets you download games (illegally) for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it is cool. there's something about seeing your own proggies running on the GBA. nerdy, but cool.

there's a couple of ways to do the transfer -
    you can use the flash linker from Hong Kong -
    it's a cable, a rewriteable kart and a docking station thingy for the kart. you hook it up to your parallel port and transfer your binary over to the kart, bung it in the GBA and away you go.

there's another cable that connects from your parallel port
    to the GBA directly, with a 256k binary size limit.

You can also just run an emulator on the pc - this is the free option.

You'll fing links to lik-sang (where I got my stuff) on gbadev.org.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Might just stick with the emulator for a while until I've finished my Leavin Cert and have some cash :)

Advertisement