Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, How you getting on with the new 'euros' anyway?

Options
  • 04-02-2002 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I think people are just making it more difficult on themselves trying to fprget about the pound completely. When the pound comes back into circulation next year, and the changeover has gone full circle, you'll be pretty fuc|<ed and won't be able to remember what a pund was worth in euros.

The way i deal with it is, i round it so that £1 = €1. Sure, i think all the prices have gone up, but i'm getting paid more. next year when the pound comes back in though, my wages will be cut and the prices will come down. I also call the euro a quid. avoids any further confusion on my part anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Its just like being on holidays really - get use to it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

That is a really good idea. I have had fierce problems since the New Year. Every dinner party I am at people ask "ah, well, how is the Euro changeover going for you?"
    I literally shake as I lie, "ah yeah, fine, fine. How about yourself?"

What if they find out that all I know about Euro is that Paul McGrath designed them? What if they find out that I still use £1 notes and that up until a couple of years ago I used the British pound.
    I was out of my depth but your system offers me hope and a new beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    When the pound comes back into circulation next year, and the changeover has gone full circle, you'll be pretty fuc|<ed and won't be able to remember what a pund was worth in euros.

No matter how much you think it will it won't. It's just wishful thinking :) I'm well used to it. I never really paid loads of attention to how much the basics cost anyway so it doesn't make a huge difference to me :) Just like bein on holiday as was said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I never had a problem with it and don't expect to.

Never had to think of it as the same as a pound... never had to think that prices had just gone up.

just as if I were, say, living in France, I'd eventually end up even *thinking* in French, I don't have to work out for myself what things would have been in Irish money to understand what I'm "really" paying...

Think of it as being on holidays...- if that helps. Me- I don't need to. It's just a new currency with a different value to the old one. It's not rocket science.

--

I find the new notes and coins great. The coins are nice and light - not too bulky - and the €2 coins are very handy.

Advertisement