Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

streaming music

Options
  • 04-02-2002 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

i was thinking if an mp3 takes up a meg a miniute at 96kbs and i was downloading at 10KB that should mean that i should be able to listen to cd quality music straight off the net. but the quality i get off streamed media is crap how come??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

96kbps is crap mp3 quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I've had 124 streams work fine for me, and there are a couple of 160 streams that I'd image would work well too...

yep. just checked and 160 is streaming just fine for me. sounds grand too.

- mac on eircom dsl trial.

aah, itunes. nice one Apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

On a related note, I've heard that Ogg Vorbis sounds better than MP3 at lower rates. Does anyone know of any good streaming Ogg stations?

I believe IceCast now supports it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

Why stream mp3????, just d/l and play as much as U want.

If U do want listen to streaming music there are loads of windows media and real player radio stations that can stream cd quality music at 64kbps. even through a modem these formats sound quite good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭irishguy

i dont need to stream them i can download a 2.8mb mp3 in 12secs.i just want to know for knowlage purposes

• Advertisement
Advertisement