Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Radio Show/Presenter

Options
  • 05-02-2002 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Petsounds by Tom Dunne. Its %£*&ing great. I've been listening since the beginning and it has been consistently amazing.
    Great music with a smidgen of banter!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep Tom Dunne rules, with Donal Dineen a solid runnner up!

There also a guy on Caroline on wednesday nights between
    10 and 1 who's great, a bit like John Peel in tone and respect for the music.

Mike.

Oh yeah Ronan Collins is good too (when slamming Louis satan walsh!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

Tom Dunne, without fail (congrats on recent radio award). Donal Dineen, also good. The fella on Radio One (John Kelly) that does the mystery train is also good, but variable. Dave Fanning, too and Ruth Scott, and the Album Show on 2FM (american sounding guy). There is also a new bloke on late on FM104.

Today FM though deserve mention for praise. Besides those already mentioned, some of their other shows are also excellent - River of Soul, Dad Rock are weeklies on a Sunday night and are excellent, music lovers programmes. For a commercial station it would've been far easier for them to pump out 24 hour popular ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

The Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio 1 is unbeatable.He dosenmt play a huge amount of good music but the show is the funniest thing on radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I actualy never listen to the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

here comes the night & headphones... donal dineen...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

Tom Dunne makes me want to smoke crack...
    There's some sort of smugness to him that drives me crazy. The man must be stopped right now.
    Give me John Creadon and day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

I'm with you on that one man. Tom Dunne sucks. His spineless interview techniques really suck. Did anyone hear his interview with Mercury Rev when they played the Shambassador in Dec? His forth question? You guys live near New York, September 11th must have, ehh, must, err, have, been tough to watch? The silence from Grasshopper spoke volumes. Tom Dunne is to radio what Pat Kenny is to Friday night TV "chat".

And as for that Girlie Show on Phantom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

tom boom boom brady and lonzo had a show on Radio Caroline in Dublin a while back. the station is no more, but the shows were always classic. i remember listening to elvis, RHCP, wu tang clan and an interview with britney all in one show. beat that!!

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Thursday chalenge, Men's world and the two peets talk rubbish on phantom is class jack hyland and allision are olso pretty damn good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Jim Daniels

I "still" like Dave Fanning, after all these years.
    He could possibly make his show slightly more interactive though..

John Kellys a gas man.
    Tom Dunne is fine although his range isn't great.
    Pearl on Phantom and Lolo on Xfm have very fine shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I only listen to TodayFM these days... Ian Dempsey in the morning and and The last word with Eamon Dumphey in the evening on the way home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hussy

Originally posted by Saruman
    I only listen to TodayFM these days... Ian Dempsey in the morning and and The last word with Eamon Dumphey in the evening on the way home!

I have to agree with TodayFM,its brilliant.Ian Dempsey in the morning is excellent,I love Gift Grub on his show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by The Gopher
    The Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio 1 is unbeatable.He dosenmt play a huge amount of good music but the show is the funniest thing on radio.

Mark and Lard! Classic northern banter from those tossp*ts!

MINT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Here Comes The Night and Headphones on TodayFM are by far the best music radio out there at the moment.

Donal Dineen, or whoever researches the music he plays should be given an award for giving people something better to listen to.

Lucutus

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I cant stand John Creadon's show. Its full of tripe and his accent does my head in. Dineens show is really good although I only listen in a few nights a week. The 3 hrs of Petsounds gives me my fix of the wireless.
    I must listen in more often. These nights I find myself listening to Ruth Scott on 2fm..........dont ask me why???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

john kelly all the way! :) and phillip king, too... but then i hardly ever get to listen to either of them, it's very hard to turn the dial backwards from phantom... but they do rock!

:-)

oneArpeggiopete:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

i thought uaeneen fitzsimon's show was good on 2fm bbut then she fell afoul of lady fortune[ and thanks too to ireland's ****e roads] and went to the big radio station in the sky :(

v. sad

wasnt here for long but made a lot of noise while she was ;)

Advertisement