Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.cgi files on NT4 running IIS/4.0

• 05-12-2000 2:30pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

Ok...
    Esat.net (well formerly Ireland on Line) are hosting a site for me...
    I want to run some .cgi scripts so I mailed them to ask...
    cgi are enabled by default I was told so i uploded some to a cgi-bin folder
    Now hello.pl returns fine from a browser,
    outputting "Hello world from PERL 5.00307
    .pl scripts are mapped to Perl."

When I try the hello.cgi, I get a "enter network password" prompt.. which when cancelled gives a 401 error as below
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">HTTP Error 401
    401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource

This error indicates that the credentials passed by the client do not have access to the particular resource on the server. This resource could be either the page or file listed in the address line of the client, or it could be another file on the server that is needed to process the file listed on the address line of the client.

Please make a note of the entire address you were trying to access and then contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have permission to access the requested resource.</font>

does any one know whether this is a permissions issue as such, or just that .cgi isn't mapped to perl on the server... as I haven't a clue about such issues...

I have mailed their support a few times but they are telling me all the permissions are correct etc..

Ideas?

[This message has been edited by Licksy20 (edited 05-12-2000).]

Advertisement