Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions on sending sms from webpage forms

• 05-02-2002 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

'lo all
    mate of mine has a webpage with forms and whatnot which he uses to send mail to a bunch of people. that's all working fine
    but now he wants to be able to do the same thing with text messages. ie fill in a form and sms 8 or 9 people the contents of the form.

I don't know anything about doing this - do any of you know about it?
    I'm looking for costs, examples, do eircell and digifone offer this as
    a service - (it's a small business - I don't have figures for projected traffic unfortunately - not massive though), info
    on the software you need - basically any info ye have at all.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Both allow you to send so many free Web SMS to another mobile but it must be on their own network. There are others.. some close down others appear.. www.mtnsms.com (i think) allow you to send as many all over the world as you like once you register (free) however cant to Eircell as they wont allow them to do it.. bastards.. used to be able!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi DeRanged,

Yes you can do this. A while back, I D/L'ed an application which would allow you to send an SMS using your modem. I beleive that each service provider has a public number to which you can send the SMS messages. I would imagine that the cost would be the same as that of a local call.. Could be wrong..

Unfortunately, I can't remeber what it was called, but a search on the web might be able to help you..

You could also try some of these: Maybe they're what you're looking for:
    http://www.cellular.co.za/download_free_sms_software.htm

SMS Centre and PSWinCom sound interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

also a crowd called Phorest who push some software called TextByNumbers-seem to be cheap enough, you can let people reply to messages as well

have a look at www.textbynumbers.com

Advertisement