Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic scifi quotes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Terminator
    "Get away from her you bitch!"
    I love that part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...a few fine cuts of choice sarcasm from our McGyver in the (star)field, Richard Dean Anderson a.k.a. Col. Jack O'Neill:

Daniel: "Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music."
    O'Neill: "Sex, drugs, and Rock 'N Roll?"
    Daniel: "In a manner of speaking, yeah."
    -- "Hathor"

Teal'c: "If the coordinates are for a Goa'uld world which is not on the Abydos cartouche, the Goa'uld will most likely not expect us. I believe a medical attack could be successful."
    O'Neill: "'Surgical strike', Teal'c. It's called a 'surgical strike' and I'd feel like an idiot."
    Carter: "Sir?"
    O'Neill: "I was answering Daniel's question. If we don't do something now and they do attack later I'd feel like an idiot. We go."
    -- "Within The Serpent's Grasp"

"Teal'c, look scary and take point."
    -- "Prisoners"

"We had a nice time, Sir. Carter picked up some Naquada. Teal'c made some new friends as usual. Daniel got engaged. And, um, I'm gonna hit the showers."
    -- "Need"

"Um, you all know I take great pride in my title as Mr. Positive. However, we did destroy their de-goa'ulding thing. Might not they look unkindly on that?"
    -- "Thor's Chariot"

Mayborne: "Striking an officer is a quick way to a court martial."
    O'Neill: "Oh, I'm not going to strike you, Mayborne. I'm going to shoot you."
    -- "Bane"

"That's why we'd like to go back, Sir. Carter wants to get a closer look with some of her specialized... doohickeys."
    -- "Touchstone"

Carter: "Even though we can't see them, these Reetou can definitely see us."
    Teal'c: "Which puts us at a great strategic disadvantage. I can understand why the Goa'uld would want to eliminate them."
    O'Neill: "They're Goa'uld, Teal'c. That's their job."
    -- "Show And Tell"

O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."
    Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips..."
    -- "Seth"

"So help me if I wake up and I'm singing soprano...."
    -- "Seth"

Carter (hearing Apophis): "Sir?"
    O'Neill: "Just a huge, honkin' Apophis, Major. Nothing to worry about."
    -- "Rules Of Engagement"

"They put that damn memory thing on me. And then they gave me something that reminded me of the 70s."
    -- "The Devil You Know"

Carter: "Look, Colonel, Mayborne's forces are moving in soon."
    O'Neill: "Mayborne? How'd he get....?"
    Carter: "I called him."
    O'Neill: "Willingly?!"
    -- "Foothold"

"To be fair, General, I did it. Carter and Daniel protested. And Teal'c...well, he really didn't say anything, but I can tell he was opposed to my actions by the way he...cocked his head and raised his eyebrows...."
    -- "Shades Of Grey"

Carter: "The Stargate isn't made of regular stone. If given enough power, a wormhole forms within the circle and that allows us to travel to other worlds."
    Reegar: "Wormhole?"
    O'Neill: "Giant worms. Huge."
    -- "New Ground"

Carter: "Well, that means something inside this pyramid is slowing down neutrinos. Normally neutrinos pass right through ordinary matter, no matter how dense. I mean, something like five hundred million billion just passed through you."
    O'Neill: "No matter how dense."
    --- "Crystal Skull"

Carter: "I'm getting ready to do a detailed analysis of the decay rate of Naquada within the reactor. It's really quite amazing that, unlike plutonium, Naquada actually has a...."
    O'Neill: "Ah ah ah! I'm on vacation."
    -- "Nemesis"

Carter: "So, Sir, are you saying these bugs are technological?"
    O'Neill (about the replicators): "Apparently they plan to land the ship and infest Earth. Thor says this would not be a good thing."
    -- "Nemesis"

Daniel (to Thor): "You're actually saying that you need someone dumber than you are?"
    O'Neill: "You may have come to the right place."
    Hammond: "Thor, with all due respect to you situation, we need SG-1 here."
    Carter: "I could go, Sir."
    O'Neill: "I don't know Carter, you may not be dumb enough."
    Carter: "I think I can handle it Sir."
    -- "Small Victories"

"I remember something. There's a man. He's bald and wears a short-sleeved shirt, and somehow he's very important to me. I think his name is Homer."
    -- "Beneath The Surface"

"Flight, this is Digger One. Cheyenne, we have a problem."
    -- "Tangent"

"Flight. This is Digger One - we have negative… nudging capabilities."
    -- "Tangent"

O'Neill: (referring to Apophis) "He's looking a little pissed."
    Carter: "We did just destroy his fleet."
    -- "Enemies"

O'Neill: "We brought pizza and a movie."
    Teal'c: "Star Wars."
    O'Neill: "He's seen it what... 8 times?"
    Teal'c: "Nine."
    O'Neill: "Nine times. If Teal'c likes it, it's gotta be okay."
    Carter: "You've never seen Star Wars?"
    O'Neill: "Oh, you know me and sci-fi. Come on, we never get to just hang out, so I thought we..."
    -- "Ascension"

"I have great confidence in you, Carter. Go on back to the SGC and confuse Hammond."
    -- "Red Sky"

Ambassador: "They made a star? How?"
    Carter: "Well, theoretically, by increasing the density of a sufficiently massive gas giant until a thermonuclear reaction could take place. In fact, Arthur C. Clarke posited a…"
    O'Neill: "Ambassador, you gotta be careful about the use of the word ‘how', unless you really wanna know."
    -- "2001"

Carter: "Sir, are you ok?"
    O'Neill: "Oh, couple stitches, concussion, nausea, dizziness, the usual."
    -- "48 Hours"

"Its always suicide mission this, save the planet that...no one ever stops by to just say hi anymore."
    -- "Summit (Part 1)"

Advertisement