Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone hear anything from Eircom re ADSL trials ending?

Options
  • 05-02-2002 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Just curious. My 2 months will be up on 12th February. I haven't heard a sausage yet as regards signing up or whatever. Anyone else with a closer date get anything in the mail yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I'm due to finish on 10th Feb, as far as I'm concerned I was told at the beginning of the trial that when it was over if I wanted ADSL I would get the modem for free and just pay the monthly charge. I am going to tell Eircon that I am delighted with ADSL and will be keeping it, if they tell me otherwise i.e. we haven't launched it yet therefore you can't have it, then I'm going to loose the head.

I know someone that got cut off after their trial was over, she rang Eircom and threatened to ring Joe Duffy (she's a bit crazy...) and tell all about how Eircon were ripping her off over the years with phone bills etc. Anyway they switched her back on, so she's still using it 6 months later and not paying a penny!

One person who will know for sure what will happen is Dustaz...(I think)

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I was sent an email about 2 or 3 weeks before the end of my trial asking if i wanted to sign up for the service. I agreed and signed, but apparently they cant charge for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I just hope they don't back date the bill! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i wake up sweating about that every night.

Advertisement