Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just noticed something

• 05-02-2002 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Right I know this is going to open up a big can of worms but I have noticed over the past few days certain ppl have custom avatars (not just Dev/Cloud/regi)

I was wondering if this is enabled now and if so how the heic do you do it. Or is it Dev/Cloud/Regi playing around??

kayos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

just be happy with what you have i am.. dont make a difference to me if anyone has custom avatars. just let it be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by Kraken
    just be happy with what you have i am.. dont make a difference to me if anyone has custom avatars. just let it be...

Who said I wasn't happy with the one I have? I have had this avatar for a hell of a long time. I was just wondering....

kayos

Point take was not ment to sound harsh dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by kayos
    Right I know this is going to open up a big can of worms but I have noticed over the past few days certain ppl have custom avatars (not just Dev/Cloud/regi)

I was wondering if this is enabled now and if so how the heic do you do it. Or is it Dev/Cloud/Regi playing around??

kayos

I was thinking it was enable for the mods only when you'se were all tol dto change your names so they'd be board specific!? Obviously not, if you haven't got it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

custom avatars are NOT enabled. You cannot upload your own personal avatar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He knows something o_0 GET EM!

yeah i do know something 2+2= 4
    and how its done but since i aint going to do it i anit telling you how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ooh, some people can exploit a bug in the code, I vote we 12-click all custom avatar users :)

da bounca being victim number 1 for this silly avatar: avatar.php?userid=1949&dateline=1012834903:)

it might be silly but god does it make one laugh....

i vote we just forget about it. and let it be.

• Advertisement

Just wondering how many peeps can you see with custom avatars that shouldnt have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just wondering how many peeps can you see with custom avatars that shouldnt have them.
    You mean like smak? http://troll.boards.ie/vbulletin/avatar.php?userid=2405&dateline=1012834119

myself, dabounca and figment have them.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I didnt enable them. Noone did.

Smak, Dabounca ... I'd really like an explanation in PM or Email before I go turning off avatars and getting annoyed with you...

Figment was given one by me as he works here and had a nice image etc. I'd like to know how you guys got them.

DeV.

pm on its way dev.
    getting annoyed with you...

please dont :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Someone far more sarcastic than I might find a little odd is the fact that people can have massive butt ugly pictures in their sigs but may not have custom avatars.

Not me however as I wuv meh avatar. GOE SPAC ENVADOR DOOD!

i like my big red computer nipple avatar!

Yeah, yeah, just open the frigging pod bay doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Oppps I didn't mean to start all this. Actually I first noticed Figments as I love the short film his avatar was taken from and wanted to see if I could get one in the list of avatars.

To be honest I though it might have been something done after the peeps I saw with the custom avatars donated some money to the cause :).

kayos

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Soon enough, you'll have people like me coming along and asking "Why oh Why Can't I have my own Custom Avatar *Boo* *Hoo* *Sniffle* I want one I want one I want one I WANT ONE NOW!" etc

I mean it's not as if people haven't asked a hundred times before, and seeing threads like these don't help - It simply means certain speshul people, who do speshul things for other more speshul people on Boards.ie get to have images uploaded for themselves whilst the middle class basic boring peep is stuck with the already huge list of Avatars currently avaliable...

Wait... Thats a bad thing!?

Actually, yes it is... Slightly a bad thing... hey Dev, Im not going to be an annoying f0rker and ask 'if I was to show you a "Sweet little cutey image" would you let me use it as an avatar!?' because I'd get a harsh, possibly drunken, or maybe pre-menstrual "NOE!"

/me runs and hides

• Advertisement

rope, i didnt ask dev. i just added it myself because i thought that was what figment had done. im sorry i started this mess.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I know Smak, I read the previous few posts about it... Im just pulling everyones leg, although it really would be nice if people could "Apply" for a custom avatar, meaning you'd need the right sized image, send a PM to one of the Board SuPaPoWaH's and ask if it was possible for it to be uploaded etc etc

I'd make a thread about it if it hadn't been done oh so many times before, and if I thought I'd actually get anywhere with it - Anyway, Im quite happy with my Avatar... The seriousness Of Guile suits my ranting...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

vBulletin have been notified, and custom avatars created in this manner will be deleted. I don't think we will be allowing custom avatars anytime soon.

That is all.

AWW. i just found a heap of M.A.S.K, thundercats and he-man avatars and was going to use one. ah well. guess it'll have to stay in my sig then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

hehe, mask is an anagram of Smak. Coincidence? :p

As a matter of interest, how did you get them?

i cant really tell. i dont know if it's still possible to do it, and i dont want loads of peeps going making extra work for the admins to remove custom avatars.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is it done in the same way as the it was in the old UBB?

Bummer :)

no Kharn its not. each proper avatar has an id number. only the admins can assign new ids to uploaded avatars. i had to find a workaround. but lets just drop it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Oh well, I've set the custom avatar post requirement to 1M now.

John.
    --

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Cloud

John.
    --

... and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the maximum post count vBulletin can handle is 65,535.

(heh- just a thought - wouldn't it be cheeky to set the custom avatar post requirement to 65,536?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

:)

Cloud you said anytime soon just wondering if you are pondering to do it at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

gathering_avatar.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it deserves it DBC...
    :D ROFL - good 'un mate!!! :D
    copyright Kharn/Dav 2000 - 2002

was so waiting for that to come...

• Advertisement

i made that card, and managed to cause all this mess. the irony.:rolleyes:

while your ironing i have a few shirts....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Cloud you said anytime soon just wondering if you are pondering to do it at some stage?

He said they wouldn't be doing it any time soon. Can't say I blame them.
    I don't think we will be allowing custom avatars anytime soon.

That is all.

true bard, look at the mess of 2 people having custom avatars. imagine if everyone was allowed do it.

imagine if everyone was allowed do it.

If that was the case, Boards.ie would be filled with happy and content posters with shiny new avatars and 912 Posts in an Admin Board Thread made by "Avatar Monkey Whóre" called "MY NEW CUASTOM AVATAER OWENS YUO, FAGG0T!"

Oh what fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by RopeDrink

If that was the case, Boards.ie would be filled with happy and content posters with shiny new avatars and 912 Posts in an Admin Board Thread made by "Avatar Monkey Whóre" called "MY NEW CUASTOM AVATAER OWENS YUO, FAGG0T!"

Oh what fun...
    Well i didn't care about custom avatars before but now! OH HELL YEAH! :D

Originally posted by smak
    true bard, look at the mess of 2 people having custom avatars. imagine if everyone was allowed do it.

Yeah, imagine if everybody was allowed have their own pics in their sigs! Imagine the ugliness, the horror, TEH SHAME!!

*amp wakes up screaming*

ARRRRRGHHH!!!

Phew just a drea... ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

John.
    --

thats what i thought he did, isnt there an option there for mods to do that as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    gathering_avatar.jpg

Bah...just spent the last hour looking for a quote off The Kerryman site saying how our college TCC won the All Ireland Finals.

Well they did!

Stick that up yer arse and smoke it.

That's it, i'm outa here.....

Advertisement