Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32"/36" widescreen Sony or Panasonic ?

• 05-02-2002 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I'm in the lucky position that my company will buy me something instead of me recieving cash as my quarterly bonus which means I get the benefit of not paying tax on the money & the company will pay the VAT on whatever I buy

I've decided to go for a 36" widescreen, but which one to go for ? I'd prefer something with a black casing (although they all seem to be silver at the moment), So basically which to go for, Sony or Panasonic ? Has one got benefits over another ? Should I just go for a 32" ?

I'd prefer the panasonic as all the rest of my gear is Panasonic/Technics (I'm a bit funny like that), but people are saying to me to go for the Sony as it has a better picture...

I need your opinions guys...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Sony. Quality is brill on those. Yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have a Panny 28" Widescreen and can recommend them wholeheartedly.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Both good brands but I'd pick the Sony. I have a 10 year old Triniton and it's still perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have a 28" Panasonic at home.
    The OSD is class. Very intuitive and well laid out.
    I've fecked about with Sonys before and I don't like the interface.
    Is your VCR/DVD a Panasonic too?
    If oit is get a full-wired scart cable and hook them up using the right sockets on each and you can use Q-Link (handy for setting channells and stuff) and DirectRecord (what you see is what you record).

By all means try them out in the shop.
    Have them shine a light on the screen too and see what they look like then.
    Or bring your own torch.
    Then leave. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i'd say go for the panasonic. there's a 36" panasonic out at the moment (36PG50) and is superb. It's got all the split screen picture and picture mularkey and dolby digital sound. It looks great with a navy and silver cabinet and 4 surround sound speakers.

The sony 36 that's out at the moment has great picture as well but you only get 2 extra speakers as opposed to the panasonics 4 speakers.

Panasonic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

I've been looking around for a new one also, and it would appear the Panasonic is the Biz (The little extras make the difference).
    Also 2 of my friends have them and it seems to be the concensus here, so I think it will be Panasonic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

I hate to be a spoil sport but you are still liable to pay tax on your new telly.

Plus the Vat.

So get a nice 14'' ZX from Power City

And beware the Revenue they are everywhere !!!!:D :D

Advertisement