Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trident Cyberblade

• 05-02-2002 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my New Toshiba Satellite 1800-814 laptop, 1.1gig, 256mb ram etc.. anyway has 16mb Trident Cyberblade graphics chip which seems... "Capable" of games like Op. Flashpoint and stuff like that.. im wondering if anyone has any info etc on ways to make it better! I can play the games on 640x480 fine and looks ok when sent to TV or CRT but obviously the LCD needs to be stretched to full screen and so i loose quality since the TFT is 1024x768!

im not too bothered as i have a PC that plays them fine.. just for eh travel purposes..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Trident dont supply drivers for thier products....especially laptops....

Trident tells you to go to Your OEM to get the best drivers (cause trident dont make drivers for LCD screens) and I had to have my shagging card in a compaq laptop!!!!!

Compaq wouldn't give me drivers for Win98 or 2k.... but there is a Armada Laptop updated driver for it but i cant rem what series...

Also my guess is that it's shared RAM for it...equivalent to the same preformance as an on board shared graphics cards such as the Intel i810....

btw: there was a IRQ conflict when I tried to use use 98SE on my laptop, and compaqs BIOS wouldn't allow me anywhere near the advanced options...so i had to upgrade to 2K and diable the IRQ steering, that problem was sieriously slowing down my machine when it came to playing games, or video with sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

try fiddling the colour depth?

i know som1 with a trident in their laptop, plays q3 at 8 x 6 really well
    powerstrip may help to get more out of it - but it could also destroy the thing if u act the muppet.
    search for it on cnet or something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know all about Tridents lack of support for their drivers.. windows 98 installed fine and everything worked real fast but video and LAN would not install.. windows said it was not the right driver. Anyway i can force it in but for the video i got a black screen with no display and the Lan windows just told me to feic off and dissabled it.. nice.. anyway i gave up and reloaded my XP image back on.. all is well in XP i would just like 98 too..

I installed red faction last night and that worked fine on 1024x768 even on high quality.. even better by lowering detail etc.. very impressed by that.. it all depends on the game i suppose.. project eden is unplayable... its a struggle to move cursor on opening screen even!

Advertisement