Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzfest 2002

Options
  • 05-02-2002 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Punchestown, May 26th!

how ****ing cool is that??

OZZY!!!!
    woooooh!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Wheres Punchestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

about 45 minutes drive from Dublin city centre. Near Naas, Co. Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm... Mildly interesting...

WOOO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Shred

:eek:

Holy S**t, any word on the line up?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Theres some good reading on Wolvie's Metal News site here.

http://www.angelfire.com/band2/wolvie/main.html

You should like it AngelWhore.

• Advertisement

This is taken from Wolvies site... It's mainly speculation but what they hey!
    OZZFEST 2K2

WOLVIE's OZZFEST 2002 PREDICTION at the bottom of the page
    This page is for OZZFEST 2002. Since we don't have any official confirmations yet, I am going to try to narrow down the list of bands who may appear at Ozzfest 2002.

How do I plan to do this? Simple. First of all, I made a list of all bands who have released/will release albums that will allow them to tour during Ozzfest. Pantera, for example, just came off touring for 2 years on their last album, so obviously they won't do Ozzfest this year as they haven't had another new album out yet.

I also look at how many units these bands sell of their CD's. This will determine who the top 3 bands are on the main stage, who plays on the main stage, & who headlines the 2nd stage. Obviously Metallica wouldn't play beneath Six Feet Under on any bill because they have sold many more albums than SFU has.

The third thing I base these predictions on are the rumors/unofficial news I am told. Most of what I am told turns out to be true, but on the main page of this site, I let people know what is official news and what is not. I have no intentions of misleading anyone, so that is why I make sure that anything which isn't official news is marked 'RUMOR'. This page will be different. Everything on this page is a rumor unless it is marked with OFFICIAL NEWS above it.

I broke everything down into different categories. Headliners are the bands who headline arenas and sell lots of Cd's. Main Stage are the people who would probably headline clubs. Your 2nd stage headliner could probably fill an arena half way full. They are too big to be a club band, too small to be a headliner. The 2nd stage bands are all a guessing game. If Down headlines, look for those bands often associated with Phil Anselmo to be picked. It is almost certain that the bands signed to Ozzy's record label will be on the bill. Other than that, it is a true guessing game at picking the 2nd stage.

OZZFEST 2002 TOP 3 HEADLINERS
    OFFICIAL Ozzy Osbourne solo (Metal Edge confirms Ozzy as solo headliner, Ozzy confirms he will headline solo with Zakk on guitar in a interview with MADMAN)
    OFFICIALSystem Of A Down (New album out in 2001 however rumor has it Sharon Osbourne was angry they didn't do the Merry Mayhem tour instead of The Pledge Your Allegiance tour, odds are even)

OZZFEST 2002 MAIN STAGE
    Kittie (toured on previous Ozzfest, new album out in 2001, MTV band, odds good)

Slayer (toured on previous Ozzfest, new album out in 2001, odds better than even)

Fear Factory (Toured on 2 previous Ozzfests, new album out in 2001, odds better than even)

Sevendust (album out in 2001, toured on previous Ozzfest, odds are good)

OFFICIAL Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society (Metal Edge mag and MADMAN's interview with OZZY confirms that ZAKK is pulling doubel duty on OZZFEST 2002... BLS and OZZY will perform)

Filter (They are already claiming to have been asked to be on Ozzfest 2002, odds are good)

Drowning Pool (toured previous Ozzfest, odds even)

Soulfly (toured previous Ozzfest, if new CD is out around Ozzfest time look for Soulfly to be on the bill, odds good to even depending on if Cd is ready)

OZZFEST 2002 2nd STAGE HEADLINER
    Down (New album out in early 2002, rumor has it Sharon Osbourne asked Phil Anselmo if Down would headline and he could pick most of the 2nd stage bands. Bassist Rex Brown reveals that Anselmo's back requires surgery and the band may be not be able to tour very long due to this. odds better than even)
    Ministry (Almost toured on previous Ozzfest, odds even)

Type O Negative (Toured on previous Ozzfest, new CD due out in early summer, odds even)

OZZFEST 2002 2nd STAGE BANDS
    OFFICIALONE SIDE ZERO (band has been announcing at January 2002 live shows that they will be on OZZFEST 2002)
    Halford (Almost did Ozzfest last year)
    Southern Isolation
    Anthrax
    Biohazard (Toured previous Ozzfest)
    Diesel Machine (If HALFORD doesn't do it, look for these guys to play)
    American Head Charge (Played previous Ozzfest)
    Otep (Signed to Ozzy's record label)
    Eyehategod
    The Demonseeds
    Crossbreed (If Kittie plays, so does this band, whom they got a record deal)
    Morbid Angel
    Dimmu Borgir
    The Mystical Krewe of Clearlight
    Satryicon
    The Ravenous
    Showstyle
    Half-Cocked
    Delusion (Jack Osbourne says they are a possibility to be on the tour)
    OFFICIAL Soil Confirmed
    Hatebreed
    Cradle of Filth (Already confirmed for OZZFEST 2002 UK)
    Rooney (Jack Osbourne says they are a possibility to be on the tour)

WOLVIE's OZZFEST 2002 PREDICTIONS
    This is just my prediction for who will be on Ozzfest. Nothing official, just me taking a guess.

MAIN STAGE
    Ozzy Osbourne (solo)
    Tool
    System of A Down
    Sevendust
    Filter
    Soulfly
    Drowning Pool
    Kittie

2nd STAGE
    Down (headliner)
    Black Label Society
    Halford
    Cradle of Filth
    Gwar
    Southern Isolation
    Otep
    Crossbreed
    Mystical Krewe of Clearlight
    Eyehategod
    Soil
    Delusion

Well bollocks to my Leaving Cert... I'm going to it no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

WOW!!!

Well, Cradle are always great to see live... I don't think I could get tired of seeing them.

TYPE O NEGATIVE!

And the possibility of Dimmu Borgir and Satyricon!?

I don't exactly wanna get my hopes up, but... Man... If the DID play! WOW

Never mind them!
    How bout Down and Southern Isolation!?! Phil Anselmo's wife plays for Southern Isolation and lemme tell you! SHE IS HOT!!

Slayer! Morbid Angel! BLS! Halford! Anthrax! Biohazard! and FF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I would probably only go to see Balck Sabbath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Woot!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

DEAR GOD PLEASE LET SYSTEM OF A DOWN AND SOULFLY BE ON THE LINEUP!!!!

This would make me the happiest man in Ireland if they were.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dunno yet about Soulfly but System Of A Down and Kittie are definitely on for the Irish Ozzfest so far:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

I'm there. Soulfly sucked bigtime when I was at Ozzfest a few years ago in Milton Keynes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    I'm there. Soulfly sucked bigtime when I was at Ozzfest a few years ago in Milton Keynes.
    DO NOT SPEAK SUCH BLASPHEMY OF MAX C!!!

I intend to find my way backstage and smoke some spliffs with SOAD and Soulfly :) Not sure how exactly, but I'll figure that out on the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

They did, Max is really cool and I liked his music. But the sound system sucked and so did he. All he kept on saying was Respect Milton Keynes Respect Mother****ers etc.

He played a Nailmomb track though which was a great highlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by tibor
    Punchestown, May 26th!

how ****ing cool is that??

OZZY!!!!
    woooooh!! :D

one question: where'd you hear that specific date?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

it was on mcd.ie, but they seem to have taken the blurb down now. here's the little nme.com article on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

the date was sent out in a ticketmaster newsletter which i foolishly deleted and it has the forsale date on it...grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Originally posted by sickle
    the date was sent out in a ticketmaster newsletter which i foolishly deleted and it has the forsale date on it...grrrr

23rd Feb is when they're going on sale apparently.
    Now who wants to give me money for a ticket? Please?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sickle
    Yup... 23rd Feb as Diablo said.

thanks guys :)
    now i just have to rob a few grannies...which day is pension day?......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

How much are the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

/ME goes nuts headbanging!

this is the best news ive seen in a long long time, since the time they told me the flesh eating virus didnt like me :D

Should be a great event, this is exactly what us metal starved fans need in this country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Damn fine news.
    If this is a lie, I will kill you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

System of a Down = teh WIN!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Shred

I just hope it's better organised then the Tattoo the Planet (D'oh!) tour - that was a disaster.:rolleyes:

1st there was the trade centre disaster that forced the whole tour to be postponed, then Pantera couldn't make the re-scheduled dates and then their replacement Sepultura pulled out at the last minute:mad:

The only saving grace was Slayer played a longer set...oh! and Cradle of Filth were good for a laugh:p

yeah tattoo the planet was crap in my opinion.
    my fly broke and i lost my shoe!

(i will remember to tie my laces tight this time before crowdsurfing and getting kicked out...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭][Spoof Jesus][

Tool would be awesome...System would too if they didnt play any of their new stuff (which is crap)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Yummy indeed. I'm not going to get over excited until it's all official though, look what happened TTP.

Hey Dav, I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to work on that backstage plan with you. Imagine being able to claim that we shared a joint with SOAD and Max C, sweet.

Advertisement