Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Thrash treat .

Options
  • 06-02-2002 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hello and goodevening fellow stamp collectors , now for the minutes of our last meeting I would refer you to paragragh 7 , of your fact pack . Oh wait different night .

Not only will we enjoy The Chilli's et al ( al will hopefully be the Foos ) this June , but the world health organisation , the surgeon general , the vatican and the homish community have issued a collective press release pleading with parents TO LOCK UP THEIR DAUGHTERS , amid 100% genuine rumours that during the month of June OZZFEST ...YES OZZFEST , will be rolling into town ...PUNCHERSTOWN . Now ...aren't you glad the heavy metal gods have chosen to reward us for our general lack of concern for Limp Fred and his cronies , The Digestives not playin when they had the chance . That is all .

P.S:Don't ask me whose playin , I don't know . Ozzy I suppose .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

ok.... where did you hear this!!?? have you anything to back this up?!
    OZZ-motherfúckin-FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ro7

I have a reliable friend who is never wrong . Oh , how mysterious . I'm sure of it .

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sounds great anyway... heres some news I picked up from WOLVIES METAL NEWS...

OZZFEST 2K2

WOLVIE's OZZFEST 2002 PREDICTION at the bottom of the page
    This page is for OZZFEST 2002. Since we don't have any official confirmations yet, I am going to try to narrow down the list of bands who may appear at Ozzfest 2002.

How do I plan to do this? Simple. First of all, I made a list of all bands who have released/will release albums that will allow them to tour during Ozzfest. Pantera, for example, just came off touring for 2 years on their last album, so obviously they won't do Ozzfest this year as they haven't had another new album out yet.

I also look at how many units these bands sell of their CD's. This will determine who the top 3 bands are on the main stage, who plays on the main stage, & who headlines the 2nd stage. Obviously Metallica wouldn't play beneath Six Feet Under on any bill because they have sold many more albums than SFU has.

The third thing I base these predictions on are the rumors/unofficial news I am told. Most of what I am told turns out to be true, but on the main page of this site, I let people know what is official news and what is not. I have no intentions of misleading anyone, so that is why I make sure that anything which isn't official news is marked 'RUMOR'. This page will be different. Everything on this page is a rumor unless it is marked with OFFICIAL NEWS above it.

I broke everything down into different categories. Headliners are the bands who headline arenas and sell lots of Cd's. Main Stage are the people who would probably headline clubs. Your 2nd stage headliner could probably fill an arena half way full. They are too big to be a club band, too small to be a headliner. The 2nd stage bands are all a guessing game. If Down headlines, look for those bands often associated with Phil Anselmo to be picked. It is almost certain that the bands signed to Ozzy's record label will be on the bill. Other than that, it is a true guessing game at picking the 2nd stage.

OZZFEST 2002 TOP 3 HEADLINERS
    OFFICIAL Ozzy Osbourne solo (Metal Edge confirms Ozzy as solo headliner, Ozzy confirms he will headline solo with Zakk on guitar in a interview with MADMAN)
    OFFICIALSystem Of A Down (New album out in 2001 however rumor has it Sharon Osbourne was angry they didn't do the Merry Mayhem tour instead of The Pledge Your Allegiance tour, odds are even)

OZZFEST 2002 MAIN STAGE
    Kittie (toured on previous Ozzfest, new album out in 2001, MTV band, odds good)

Slayer (toured on previous Ozzfest, new album out in 2001, odds better than even)

Fear Factory (Toured on 2 previous Ozzfests, new album out in 2001, odds better than even)

Sevendust (album out in 2001, toured on previous Ozzfest, odds are good)

OFFICIAL Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society (Metal Edge mag and MADMAN's interview with OZZY confirms that ZAKK is pulling doubel duty on OZZFEST 2002... BLS and OZZY will perform)

Filter (They are already claiming to have been asked to be on Ozzfest 2002, odds are good)

Drowning Pool (toured previous Ozzfest, odds even)

Soulfly (toured previous Ozzfest, if new CD is out around Ozzfest time look for Soulfly to be on the bill, odds good to even depending on if Cd is ready)

OZZFEST 2002 2nd STAGE HEADLINER
    Down (New album out in early 2002, rumor has it Sharon Osbourne asked Phil Anselmo if Down would headline and he could pick most of the 2nd stage bands. Bassist Rex Brown reveals that Anselmo's back requires surgery and the band may be not be able to tour very long due to this. odds better than even)
    Ministry (Almost toured on previous Ozzfest, odds even)

Type O Negative (Toured on previous Ozzfest, new CD due out in early summer, odds even)

OZZFEST 2002 2nd STAGE BANDS
    OFFICIALONE SIDE ZERO (band has been announcing at January 2002 live shows that they will be on OZZFEST 2002)
    Halford (Almost did Ozzfest last year)
    Southern Isolation
    Anthrax
    Biohazard (Toured previous Ozzfest)
    Diesel Machine (If HALFORD doesn't do it, look for these guys to play)
    American Head Charge (Played previous Ozzfest)
    Otep (Signed to Ozzy's record label)
    Eyehategod
    The Demonseeds
    Crossbreed (If Kittie plays, so does this band, whom they got a record deal)
    Morbid Angel
    Dimmu Borgir
    The Mystical Krewe of Clearlight
    Satryicon
    The Ravenous
    Showstyle
    Half-Cocked
    Delusion (Jack Osbourne says they are a possibility to be on the tour)
    OFFICIAL Soil Confirmed
    Hatebreed
    Cradle of Filth (Already confirmed for OZZFEST 2002 UK)
    Rooney (Jack Osbourne says they are a possibility to be on the tour)

WOLVIE's OZZFEST 2002 PREDICTIONS
    This is just my prediction for who will be on Ozzfest. Nothing official, just me taking a guess.

MAIN STAGE
    Ozzy Osbourne (solo)
    Tool
    System of A Down
    Sevendust
    Filter
    Soulfly
    Drowning Pool
    Kittie

2nd STAGE
    Down (headliner)
    Black Label Society