Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legends Server

Options
  • 06-02-2002 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone hear about the new legends server? whats the opinions on it?

Here's the link: http://legends.everquest.station.sony.com/showcase/home.jsp

1. Sounds to me like VI is trying to make something like what the playing community has already created: raid calendars, message boards, guild sites, etc.

2. Also sounds like they are running this server like they should run the other 20 odd...

3. Also sounds like alot of fun. And you can stay for a month, get cool stuff, and then move back for free? hmm....;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Hmmm,

Character Pages : Have Magelo for char equip. Have guild boards/raid listings for accomplishments etc. Have absolutely no desire to write some awful story about an orphaned monk fighting for justice as I do not RP any more than the rest of us.

Dynamic Server: I thought this was the original promise? Raid events etc. Personally I reckon I can live without the dynamic quests - while the Haloween thing was a laugh it was still a bit tired after a while. In any case if I really want to see strange events in EQ i'll go to an emulator and drop Ventani in Ak'anon.

Legendary items: As long as these things go onto live servers (which they will) then I have no desire to be the first to get one, and even less to have some pair of halfling trousers named after me.

Calendar of events: Great idea. Pathetic that they cannot do this for all servers .. even if it is to tell us that the next event is in 4 months time.

Interactive maps: Nice idea. But nothing can compare to the hundreds of scraps of maps and info lying under my desk.

Tales of adventure: I derive absolutely zero pleasure from reading about some pally's amazing journey through the field of bone.

Guild Halls: The last thing I would want is guild pages to be monitored/controlled by VI.

All in all, I'll pass.

JayK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Whack

Originally posted by Jak

Legendary items: As long as these things go onto live servers (which they will) then I have no desire to be the first to get one, and even less to have some pair of halfling trousers named after me.

JayK.

What were you doing to/with the halflings that would make them want to name trousers after you? hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Screenshot from forthcoming legends server

richEQ.jpg

J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I don't think I'd want to move to this server - is anyone thinking of moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The new server is supposed to be getting a new zone that no other servers will get.My guess its this zone that the "quests" and "GM Events" will take place.

As for the moving over I belive the term " will I ****" goes hand in hand with that question.40 quid for a service we should be getting now is taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

More GM events? Dear God...anyone who's been to a GM event knows exactly how I feel on this. Anyone remember the Halloween GM event? Mob aggro was unbelievably messed up, pathing even more so, and the place was train-city. Which on a blue server is bad enough...add to that the army of PKs that organize mini-raids on unsuspecting adventurers and it gets even more dicey. The only good thing about GM events imho, is the loot that occasionally drops there. The hallowed pixie rib and the sewn hide shawl from there are excellent no-drop pieces of gear for clerics, especially on Rallos Zek. Did I take part in the event though? Ohhhhh no, I had a friend who was at the event tell me when his group had one and more dropped, and I then bummed a TL out of OS (always easy to find on RZ), ran over to the bodies and looted them up. GMs playing characters always do their damndest (on Rallos at least) to roleplay a situation out...but there's the inevitable result that everyone trys killing the quest NPC, just to see what he/she/it drops. Mini-quests are never done in order, people just randomly killed for loot, and someone who's been to a spoiler site /tells you where to turn pieces in.

If that's what Legends is going to be like, then it's a waste of $40...as for nicer loot, I wouldn't switch servers for loot, a better/more public Magelo or any such contrivance...EQ is about the people you meet while playing.

Plus, it's a blue server. In such an initially hostile environment as Rallos, the friends you make are somehow stronger and more lasting. Outside of guild-wars and KOS b!tching, people are also fairly decent to each other about mob camps. I think I read on the druids class board that an uberguild were camping Ragefire for the cleric epic on Brell Serrilis....and a random druid kited him right across the zone the *instant* he spawned, to his raid group who killed him. Another story tells of Fires of Heaven, who were killing the Dain for his ring, it dropped, and as soon as the corpse unlocked, a 5th level thief mule from a rival guild hidden in the room dashed up, ninja'd it, and drank an insta-gate potion.

Now on a blue server...there's bugg3r-all you can do about something like that. On Rallos, people think twice before crossing a guild over their camp because severe consequences can be brought to bear. If anyone crossed one of the large guilds of Rallos, they'd find themselves hunted down in certain zones, isolated, killed and looted. They'd have to live their EQ lives with a sense of impending doom until they sac'd or did whatever was asked of them to be taken off the KOS list. So I feel Legends will accrue all of these problems, and more, if we just give it enough time.

Occy

Advertisement