Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought Lowtax was only joking about V5!!

• 06-12-2000 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

that is the Voodoo 6000 not 5
    and it's not going to be made after all
    it does not suck it would have been
    bettter than any thing out there if it
    had come out on time, and it still would
    be a great card now, jsut cost to much
    to make and run

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

No, it still sucked. Poor feature set, and while it would have (finally) brought the 3DFX range up to Geforce 2 standards, the preliminary benchmarks we saw suggested that it would have been only as fast, or possibly slightly slower, than the GeForce 2 Ultra - which is a normal size, doesn't need an external power pack, and costs half as much.

I've seen the V-5 6000, the damn thing wouldn't fit into the vast majority of PC cases, never mind all the other problems. 3DFX were clearly on crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

omg, a 3D card with 4 fans which needs an external power supply... and is still crap.

shot5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Oh dear god!
    It reminds me of that pìss-take picture (Mambo-jambo-supremo-deluxe or whatever it was) I'm sure we've all seen.
    The two fans I've got in my PC are loud enough, but I think an extra four would drive me over the edge.
    Whining little bastàrd fans? no thanks, you can keep 'em.

Advertisement