Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learn irish slang in .......

Options
  • 06-02-2002 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

This IS how we talk. We all drink Guinness. My best friend is named O'Malley and he's a Leprechaun. I like spuds, as do all my friends. Diddlyeye music is all the rage. Hup ye boy ye and sure an' begorrah and bejaysus. Your only man. Enjoy.

it goes, WORD MEANING USAGE

Hole Anus "Shut your hole!"
    "That Guinness is after cuttin' the hole off me"
    Eeijet Someone of reduced intellectual capacity (also 'Gob****e') "You're an awful eeijet, d'ya know that?"
    Bollocks Insult. Male genitals. Expression of surprise. "You're only a bollocks"
    "Ow! Me bollocks"

Feck **** "Feck"
    Gaf Place of residence "I'm in me gaf"
    "Didya clean up the bleedin' gaf?"
    Knacker Member of the traveling community "****in' knackers"
    Arse Ass "My arse hurts"
    Bleedin' Emphasis "Where's me bleedin' dinner?"
    Geebag Unpopular female. (also 'Toerag'') "My ma is some geebag"
    "Shut up, ye geebag"
    Clatter To physically strike. (by females over the age of 40) "Me auld one clattered me"
    "I'll clatter ye, ye little ****e"
    Jacks Toilet "Jaysus, I just destroyed the jacks"
    Jaysus An expression of disbelief or despair. "Jaysus! Didya see that?"
    "Jaysus woman! Will ya leave me be?"
    Banjaxed Ruined. ****ed. "Bollocks! The car is banjaxed."
    Drink Sweet, sweet alcohol. "You've no drink left? C'mere ye bastard!"
    "I like drink. No, seriously."

Mingin' Displeasing to the eye. Unclean. Displeasing to the olfactory system. (also 'Manky') "Your one is mingin'"
    "That jacks is mingin'"
    "Whoa. This gaf smells mingin'"
    ****e **** "Be right out. I'm just taking a ****e."
    "Don't be talking ****e."
    Thick Mentally Challenged "Look at yer man, he must be thick to be doin' that"
    Hooer Prostitute. Term of Endearment. "Alright, ye hooer. How's life?"
    Pint 568ml alcohol based beverage (also 'Jar', 'Scoop') "I'd murder a pint."
    Fair Play Used to complimenting someone's behaviour "He got a job? Fair play to the ****!"
    Local (the) Pub (the) "Are you comin' down the local?"
    Bet Unattractive "Uuugh. Yer one is bet!"
    Craic Drinking beer and talking ****e "It's gas crack! The place is leppin'. Come on out for a pint!"
    Loosebit Girl (also 'Bird') "Alright, loosebit. Any chance of a ride?"
    Session A large gathering of people having the craic (also 'Sesh') "Big session tonight, are you coming?"
    Skint Having no money "No, I'm skint."
    Plastered Enebriated (also 'Gee-eyed', 'Polluted', 'Rotton', 'Hammered', 'Pissed', '****faced') "Yeah, I was polluted. Got ****ed out and I dunno how I got home."
    Windy Weak looking and possibly gay. "Shut up, ye windy ****"
    Fairly lively With great haste "Run up to the bar and get me a pint fairly lively"
    Gas Amusing "...and your man ended up in hospital! It was gas!
    Da Father "Stop ****in' with that lightbulb, da"
    Ma Mother "Alright ma, what's for dinner?"
    Cabbage Someone of temporally restrained intelligence "I drank a load last night, I'm fairly cabbaged"
    "I'm after smokin' a load of joints. I'm cabbaged"
    Cushty Easy (also 'Sorted', 'Handy') "I've got a cushty job."
    "This gaf is cushty"
    Pigs Members of the Garda Siochana. Police (also 'Filth', 'Fuzz', 'Rupies') "**** lads, its the pigs. Leg it"
    Ride To engage in Sexual Intercourse (also 'Shag') "I suppose a ride's outta the question?"
    Johnny Male prophylactic. "Shhh, lads. She's gagging for it. Does anyone have a johnny?"
    Skins Cigarette Papers (also 'Rizlas', 'Papers') "Lads, I'm bustin' for a joint. Have yis got any skins?"
    Tramp
    Promiscuous young lady (also 'Trollop', 'Floozie', 'Goer', 'Slapper')
    "Jesus, your one is an awful tramp. Fair ****s to her."

Contribute here! (No more words for kissing. There's been 6 so far, all from girls.)

Steve in Co. Longford

Pissflaps The outer lips of the vulva or the vagina "Jaysus lads, I was ridin' this bird last week and her pissflaps nearly tore the lad from me she was that tight!"

Pete in Co. Derry (Derry slang)

Wingers Ecstacy tablets "**** sake! I need to get me wingers before 9, so i can be winged by half 10."

Joe in Eyeorland

Bombay ****ehawk
    General colourful insult
    "Get up the yard, ya bombay ****ehawk!"

Anto in Ballymun, Co. Dublin

Takin' the piss Laughing with/making fun out of someone (also "takin' the mickey out of") "Are you takin' the piss?"

Andy in Montreal, Canada (Belfast slang)

Steamboats Seriously Enibriated "Look at yer man, he's ****in steamboats"
    Dingleberries Little balls of ****e that form on anal hair. (also 'Dangleberries', 'Wilnots') "Your trunks are leapin' wi' Dingleberrys."
    Scundered Embarrassed. (also 'Rednered') "I **** me pants and was scundered for a hundred."

Gordon in Co. Kildare
    Tosser A fan of self abuse (also 'Wanker') "That's my sister, you ****ing tosser"

Ye comin' for a pint?
    Will you be in attendance at the public house this evening to partake in the consumption of alcoholic beverages?

****in' right.
    Yes, I will be attending this evening.

OR

Pints me bollocks. I'm skint.
    No, I will not be attending this evening due to financial difficulties.

How's she cuttin'?
    How are you?

Jaysus, I'm grand.
    I am fine.

OR

Great. On for a sesh tonight! Are you comin' for a few scoops down the local?
    I am in a very good mood. As a result I would like to attend the local public house where I will proceed to get astonishinly drunk. I might also carry on this behavior in a Niteclub.

What's the craic?
    What's happening?

Just havin' a few jars.
    We are just comsuming some alcoholic beverages.

OR

**** all.
    Nothing really.

****in' bastards puttin' up the price of a ****in' pint yet a-****in'-gain. Christ it costs a fortune to go out on the piss. Money gubbing little ****s.
    It would bring me much joy if the vintners would cease to add to the price of these 568ml beverages.

Yeah, ****in' hooers.
    I agree. They are prostitutes.

OR

**** the bastards.
    I also agree.

Look at the hole on yer one.
    That young lady has got a rather nice posterior.

Jaysus, I'd give her one.
    Indeed. If the situation was to call for it. I would perform sexual intercourse with her.

OR

Are you blind? She's bet.
    Is your vision impaired? She is unattractive.

Jaysus, I'd murder a bag of scampi fries.
    I am hungry. As a result I would like to consume a bag of disgusting public house snacks.

Nice one.
    I am the only person in this country who agrees that scampi fries are tasty. It's nice to meet you.

OR

Scampi fries are for scummers.
    Your taste in snack food displeases me.

sorry if it was posted before but i did check the treads for the last 15-16 days!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Originally posted by FatBastard

sorry if it was posted before but i did check the treads for the last 15-16 days!!!

You did what, sorry to dis you on this one but all you have to do is post it and the spammers will be able to tell you when it was posted, what replies it got and usually look at you in disgust for not checking. Still funny

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

what is the half life for a non-contemporary based joke ?
    i.e. how soon before a joke can be retold ?

we could get a script to take one of the oldest humour threads and repost it every X months. Think of the time saving aspects !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

"Get up the yard, ya bombay ****ehawk!"

Ohh classic.. I must write that down somewhere. excellent stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Gordon in Co. Kildare
    Tosser A fan of self abuse (also 'Wanker') "That's my sister, you ****ing tosser"

I KNOW THIS PERSON!!!
    Ye comin' for a pint?
    Will you be in attendance at the public house this evening to partake in the consumption of alcoholic beverages?

****in' right.
    Yes, I will be attending this evening.

OR

Pints me bollocks. I'm skint.
    No, I will not be attending this evening due to financial difficulties.

:D:D:D:D:D Class
    Look at the hole on yer one.
    That young lady has got a rather nice posterior.

Jaysus, I'd give her one.
    Indeed. If the situation was to call for it. I would perform sexual intercourse with her.

OR

Are you blind? She's bet.
    Is your vision impaired? She is unattractive.

The BEST, can't wait to use these while quite drunk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well done F@B that was so funny sh*t in that post. I'll send them off to my american friends!

• Advertisement
Advertisement