Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to learn how to become a pro game programmer?

• 06-12-2000 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Are you the kind of person who has a great idea for a game.Well that dosent mean jack sh*t because what good is a idea that you cant show or produce.
    Today I found the best web site for learning how to game program.
    Wanna know more info on it.Well if you do go tom my web site at www.hlhut.pyar.com and there you will find a small amount of info about the site and the address for it biggrin.gif

BoardsHlHut.gifwww.hlhut.pyar.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

only the newest of game programmers wont of come across gamedev.net
    thanks for advertising your site, disguise it better in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Might also want to learn HTML properly so your site is actually viewable on other OS/browsers instead of a blank screen and someone saying "It's going to blow".

Least that guy was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

big pic signatures are really starting to iritate me

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Mr Pussy

Em yeah that pic is huge....huh.

Hobbes,I know HTML but it takes alot to do a HTML page so I used a web page creator called Homestead which can B found at www.homestead.com

SORRY if your not able to c my site eek.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr Pussy:
    Hobbes,I know HTML but it takes alot to do a HTML
    </font>
    No it bloody doesn't. Doing a page like yours shouldn't take more than a could of hours.

• Advertisement

So your saying doing all the pages on my site will take how long???Whats a could of hours?Dou u mean a couple?
    Well it takes a long time to do it compared to Homestead.
    HTNL is much mor stable and solid than Homestead.

That's one ugly ass page... hey at least your getting curiosity hits...
    Yawn....

.logic.

Ok ive just checked out how long the HTML is for just my front page.
    Well if you were to print it,it would take up 4 A4 pages. frown.gif

Ahh shut up Logic1.Its the 1st ever page I ever made.
    Em yeah your web page is ace http://www.none.yet biggrin.gif

I know what alot of the problems with my page.One being the colour cool.gif

Im a newbie to HTML and web design Logic1.So f*ck off and make or finish ur web page.U think your a f*cking expert mad.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

rofl smile.gif

• Advertisement

JESUS!Newbies to something should be respected because there only learning.

Ok lets say your in secondary school.Do you go around to primary schools laughing at kids that cant spell or read just because you can? rolleyes.gif
    Actually...............thats a good idea biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

JESUS!Newbies to something should be respected because there only learning.
    </font>

newbies shouldnt also be arrogant enough to go advertising their site as 'pro-gamer programming' site.

a pro-gamer who programmes a web site will be an expert, not a newbie. why didnt you post up sayinh, 'hey, this is my first site, what do you think' and peoples critcism would have been less harsh and more helpful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

god, what has happened to me, i was never this sensible before?
    maybe it was sublininal messagiig on that site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

No man, I think you got the analogy wrong. Primary school babogs shouldn't be going lecturing to people in secondary school. One other thing - "newbies" should not be respected, they should be respectful to those who could teach their "newbie" asses about sh1t. If you did your site without a wysiwyg tool it wouldn't be 4 pages long either.

Yeah ok WhiteWashMan I agree that I shoud of said in the 1st place that I woz a newbie.
    But sorry,what do you mean by "maybe it was sublininal messagiig on that site?"? tongue.gif

Cerberus thats good info about "If you did your site without a wysiwyg tool it wouldn't be 4 pages long either". cool.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

man that kind of skill is just impossible to fake. I wish was that l33t.

Well Mr. Fanny I actually haven't had time to do myself a page yet. Busy with other projects (check out nethousegames re-launch soon kids).
    Anyway enough with the blatant advertising. Fanny the fact is even if you are a newbie that site still sucks ass. I'm not talking about the code or structure or cross compatibility but even the basest elements like the colors are horrid.
    Just my opinion, try not to cry again.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Yes it does suck, but so did my first sites (anyone see my hidious ICAL site?) but after a little practice you get used to making neater more presentable pages.

And in my experience, wysiwyg editors suck ass. I havent met one that isnt as buggy as a ant-hill.
    I use notepad :P (because my coffecup trial expired, and i cant be arsed finding another editor, and at the end of the day notepad is fine except finding fukin colors smile.gif)

Actually ladies and gents for colors goto www.yaromat.com and they have a snazy color picker... it rox.. give it hex vals and it gives u rgbs and vice versa and lets u preview your color scheme before u commit.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Mr Pussy, if you're going to plug your site as blatantly as this, you should be prepared for some criticism (especially considering the site), and not lose the cool whenever someone knocks it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

I have to say that the colours you picked fanny are absolutly brutal. That said everyone imho is allowed to make brutal sites for the first one.

/me hopes no body remembers the really really bad ShadowLAN site!!!

But you do get better (another shamless plug for the soon to be relaunched nethousegames site!!)

On the subject of wysiwyg editors. They are the best way to do things quickly (I'm not really talking about Frontpage here). DreamWeaver 3 is an excellant proggie. That said I dont think that ppl should be ignorant to html and should be able to edit it without a WYSIWYG proggie.

Fanny dont let then put you off it, keep tryin and you will get better. but considering that you are a newbie to it, have respect for those who are l33t....
    wink.gif

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

Yeah ok fair enough shadow. biggrin.gif
    Is Microsoft Front Page a good HTML editor to use?If so I might start makeing my page with it.........if Microsoft give me a free copy wink.gif

Is there a good HTML editor to download fo free anywhere confused.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yeah ok fair enough shadow. biggrin.gif
    Is Microsoft Front Page a good HTML editor to use?If so I might start makeing my page with it.........if Microsoft give me a free copy wink.gif

</font>

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Dreamweaver! Pay for it! It's worth it!

bard2.gif

Dreamweaver costs $145 in CompuStore.
    Can u get it any cheaper? frown.gif

Advertisement