Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan hub-Any good??

• 06-02-2002 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

Just picked this up in work today. It is a d-Link DE-809TP. is it any good for games or shouldn't i bother.

I also got a few hundred metres of lan cable, though i am not sure if it is any good either. it has 4 pairs(8) strands in it and it is what they used in work on their network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Sure, the hub's fun to play with- Handy becouse you can just plug standard cat-5 patch cable in.
    There's more fun to be had with a few hundred metres of cable though, that much would probably network the average house twice over, Although in order for it to be of any use you must buy a cable header and heads and learn the fine art of cable heading! <pleanty of online help> , But certainly worthwhile for a game network... ;-)

Advertisement