Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Ted...when you're drunk!

Options
  • 06-02-2002 9:14pm

I just have to say that Father ted programs have some of THE best comedy quotes...!

Especially when you're drunk...i love humour that makes no sense and it's funny because it makes no sense (like spoof films...love those types).

Who can forget the first one?

For no reason, we're treated to a scene (in the middle of the program), to a little shin-dig on a rock, beside the sea.
    A little banjo ditty kicks in...then we get a close up of this shaven headed lad, with one eyebrow up...then the banjo ditty again as we see the camera panning the ocean...then the eyebrow guy ...then SUDDENLY a whole banjo shindig kicks in real fast and this oul lad starts dancing around..!!

That was classic!! Brilliant stuff, where do they get it ? !? hehe :D :cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

didn't see that episode, but that banjo thingy has been around for as long as i can remember... and still funny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I think it was taking off a scene from Deliverence. Even funnier once you've seen the film.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It most defo was taken from the movie Deliverance!

Yeah that's the film!
    It's a classic that one, have to laugh at the banjo twanging!

did you ever see the father ted with the rabbits?
    They bring all the rabbits to a dog track and they set the rabbits on a fake dog which runs around the track! hehe then at the end, the fake dog just springs off the pole at the end...for what reason did it spring off!?
    What comedy! Excellent, laughed for ages at that one!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

The one with Eoin McLove is cool. Especially when Father Jack starts with his demented ranting about how the old grannies will ly in wait in the darkness as they suround the house.

• Advertisement

Yeah the Eoin fella was funny!

"I smell wee!"

What a quote!

And I love the way the bishop shouts down at dougal...

"YOU ADDRESS ME BY MY PROPER TITLE...YA LITTLE BOLLOCKS!"

HEHEHEE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Dougal: God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
    Ted: No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.
    Dougal: Oh right.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

back to the rabbit episode. after the dog springs off the track, ted goes,

"No, this'll never work, come on dougal"

Dougal: No thanks ted, I've got ten pounds riding on that little beauty over there. ....... c'mon eamonn!"

magnifiwue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

I like the Stolen Whistle episode when the Gardai bring in the Helicopter.

And the ol woman goes on about it'll be Crack cocaine and Boys'nHood next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Dougal trying to say the last rites in Latin goes something like
    "Accumlo manallo chelsio De Matteo alllerto Roberto Baggio"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by MoonHawk

A little banjo ditty kicks in...then we get a close up of this shaven headed lad, with one eyebrow up...then the banjo ditty again as we see the camera panning the ocean...then the eyebrow guy ...then SUDDENLY a whole banjo shindig kicks in real fast and this oul lad starts dancing around..!!

Dualing Banjo's is the name of the song from Deliverence, have it on mp3, deadly.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Glitz

the cave episode!!! funniest ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

lol, lots of father ted quotes if you scrole down on this one

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39337

:p:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Best quote by Ted
    "Now, Facists dress up in all black and tell people what to do but Priests ........"

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

I like the one where mrs doyle asks jack
    "and what do you say to a cup of tea?!
    jack: "feck off cup"

Advertisement