Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6210 Ras Callback

• 06-02-2002 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea as to how to get this to work.. or is it even possible ?

I dial into the machine in work with my 6210 fine, connects and then initiates call back. Of course.. then the phone just recieves the call as an ordinary call, the computer doesn't pick up on it. Is it possible to force the nokia into a data call recieve mode ?

Cheers,
    Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

That's odd, my 6210 detects data calls no problem. But I don't think it's down to the handset in the first place, but rather the network.

Are you sure the cellular actually registers the call and you haven't told the network to automatically divert data calls to your mailbox?

I presume you're contract and not pre-paid. I have run into no end of trouble with trying to get pre-paid accounts to to anything remotely funky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

THe phone will never pick up the call as data with your exsisting phone number. You need a special Data number that allows you to recieve data. Mobile phones will send data ok but to recieve it you need a special number.

On Digifone its called " A DigiData Number " the cost of this is about €8 per month, Eircell do something simular.

You cant get this on pre-paid BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rumblefish

The problem here is that good old eircom do not pass the 'bearer service' information to the mobile operator. e.g. bearer service = voice, fax, data 9.6KHz etc... If they did then the phone would see the incoming call as data.

What the mobile operators have to do therefore is give you a data specific phone number which when they receive calls for this number they know it is data and pass the bearer to the phone. On a Nokia this would appear as 'Data' on the display.

You have a few solutions.

1. Get a data number from your mobile operator - ask for 'DigiData plus' product when you phone Customer Care on 1909.

You need to ensure that your RAS is configured to do dial back on your Data number, rather than picking up the number in your CLI (caller display) which will always be your main voice mobile number.

2. If your company is fairly big then mobile operator will connect direct to your company RAS. Then eircom are not involved and it all works

3. get your company to move to a landline company that will support passing of bearer service.

4. Go for the new GPRS packet mobile service. Much, much better - always on and upto 40kbps. (downhill with the wind behind you ;-) )

5. complain to the ODTR about eircom over this.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I know this is a REALLY OLD thread but does anybody know if this working on Meteor?

Advertisement