Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Showing Jackass

• 07-02-2002 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

RTE are now going to start showing that delightful program Jackass. My question being how long will it last before people see it and begin a protest to have it banned? Take into consideration that the sensorship board in Ireland consists of a Nun, a Priest and a Garda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Yeah people will complain, they may cut bits out or not show certain episodes.

Great program though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Thing is the senorship board will just say that it will cause teenages to attempt the stunts. Cause you just know some dumb ass kid will try urban kyacking and get run over by a bus or something. And when that happens well u can guess what will happen then.

yeah loads of people will be going " That's not right! That's not...AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGH"

tis actually a good programme..imagine doing all that craic and then getting paid to do it...your man, johhny knowville, stood in front of a sledgehammer and it swung right into his balls!
    OW!

Tis mad, but a good programme (especially when you're drunk ...the laughs that do be had).

I want to get what Stevo had done and get "Your name" tattooed on my ass. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Feic the whingers... RTE are showing something that will give them ratings... if that sall they care about at the moment then it will stay!

• Advertisement

I bet they dont show the egg eating or the egg nog drinking contests!

wonder will they/have they show the one where he rides on the bike with the baby and crashes,, baby goes flying .. hehe or the one where the baby is left on the roof of the jeep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

My first impression was

"hey cool, whats he about to do to tha.......
    em hmmmmmmmm eh............ oooo ooo ouch....... what the fúck, he's getting up to do it again?!!?"$£!£?!!!!......."

Nah they wont show them purely becasue those two are probably the best episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

OMG I just can imagine the reaction of the mammy's and daddy's who caths their young son's and daughters watching that program esp when Party boy is on.

[que the party boy music]
    bom bom bom bom ba ba bom bom bom
    Hi I'm party boy and I'm about to do a erotic dance for this bull here gosh I sure am excited :)
    bom bom bom bom ba ba bom bom bom
    [/que the party boy music]

ah well I suppose I will have to just watch it on MTV.

kayos

• Advertisement

Could you imagine parents seeing their kids watch other kids on TV kick Johnny in the nuts? (no pun inteded but thats his name!)

They definately wont show the one where Johnny Noxville tries to have his granny stuffed and mounted.

They WILL show the Skateboarding Umpa Lumpa.. that was funny

Originally posted by Saruman
    Could you imagine parents seeing their kids watch other kids on TV kick Johnny in the nuts? (no pun inteded but thats his name!)
    I can picture it now: Stupid children everywhere kicking each other in the nuts. I would die laughing.

Yup Nut kicking.. the new craze... Or someone deciding to reinact the Portaloo ep... only they do it to to some guy on the street hehe

Originally posted by Saruman
    They WILL show the Skateboarding Umpa Lumpa.. that was funny
    That guy rocks!

I can picture it now a midget trying to row a fat man wrapped in bubble wrap accross the Liffey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

The thing is that anybody and everybody who wants to watch it has probably seen each episode 1/2 a dozen times on MTV.

Its on after WanderLust right? 80%who watches WanderLust or the BLizzard of Odd will probably have already seen the episodes on MTV.

Yeah but u can never get enough of it. ANd you never know it may force MTV to get some new episodes which will put pressure onto the Jackass crew and just to please the viewers they will have to come up with some crazy ass **** to top their previous shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I love the way this put this funny warning on now. Do not attempt these stunts by yourself, or with any of your dumb buddies.
    Something along those lines :)

It's funny. You gotta admit that.

• Advertisement

Knowing RTE they will have to show the dislcaimer for about 20 mins before the show just to make sure that the slower range of Ireland's population dont think about actually relicationg the stunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

What are you on about ? RTE and the censor board here are generally more liberal than most other countries, especially for Television.

They showed Die Hard at 8pm one Wednesday ffs. Yippy ka yaye etc

jackass is so boring. They could maybe get two full episodes og good stuff from the past two years worth of crap.

Blaspheme!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

hum , as long as they're showing it late and uncut I'll watch them all again ... Mtv is anoying the BLEEP out of me , I mean at two in the BLEEPING morning do they still have to bleep out the BLEEPING curse words and as blurr out any thing that might be considered sexual ... such as a thong, , the other thing thats really get on my nerves is that when the bleep out curse word they blur out the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I find the program boring and stupid , but im all for it being on rte,
    my logic is that, morons will watch it, and you know, moron see, moron do, better they die young and tin out the socially retarded among us now, leave more room for the socially arrogant (wwm) and the socially condescending(castor troy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

U ppl really think that RTé are going to take it off the air or cut it or whatever?Two examples of what ppl might consider too "extreme"-The Soprano's and Band Of Brothers,do u think these programs are going to be banned any time soon?No because there HUGE ratings and Jackass won't be any different

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

RTE ruined the Fast Show by showing it, and now they'll do the same with Jackass. It's only funny when a select clique of viewing elite know the injokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Its Class, last night they had 2 blokes eating as many boiled eggs as they could, 1 bloke eat 39, but the 2 of them puked every 30 seconds in to a bucket, and by standers were getting sick then.......

Or the Bloke who swollows cheese, ham, butter and eggs, peppers and other stuff, then pukes it up into a frying pan and cooks an omlet, then eats it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I doubt MTV will show new episodes. I heard that they stopped making Jackass. Knoxvile quit.
    RTÉ probably wont cut it. The only station I know that really cuts things to shreds is ITV or UTV whatever you wanna call it. They cut every film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Irish_Ranger_IR
    Its Class, last night they had 2 blokes eating as many boiled eggs as they could, 1 bloke eat 39, but the 2 of them puked every 30 seconds in to a bucket, and by standers were getting sick then.......

Or the Bloke who swollows cheese, ham, butter and eggs, peppers and other stuff, then pukes it up into a frying pan and cooks an omlet, then eats it......
    You haven't seen the "Sperm Olympics" one then I take it...
    The egg one was a tribute to Cool Hand Luke btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

oh yeah the sperm olympics. wasnt knoxville the one with the lowest count and kosick the most potent lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Jackass was cancelled by MTV a while back now everyone is doing their own thing by releasing their own Vids and trying to make a few squid.
    I also heard a crazt rumour that Johnny, Stev O and Wee man were in a car wreck a few weeks back and that Wee Man is dead and Steve O lost his legs, Madness!

Bomb

I've heard rumours about wee-man being dead but that was because he was doing the loop stunt and he fel and broke his neck. I hadn't heard anything about a car. BAH! I say to rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Yippy ka yaye etc

it may have been on at 8, but they cut out two parts that came to mind as i watched it

1) the actual slitting of the new recruits throat in the lorry. I remember seeing the knife with the blood and the neck and dieing humnyaa

2) Yippy Kay Yay "MOTHERFU.CKER" was edited to just Ypiiy Kay Yay. I mean, it was so weak without it !!

Jackass is a great laugh when you've nothing else better to be doin. I must say the stapling of JACKASS to that guys butt was quite the larf

Advertisement