Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam let out to hear his fate

Options
  • 07-02-2002 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

A High Court Judge has granted an application by Liam Lawlors solicitor to allow Liam into Leinster house today to hear the debate on his future. Apparently the House will debate on the issue of Liam being 'invited' to step down voluntarily as a TD because of his recent and current contempts for the tribunal, and will hold a vote on it. However, he has been told that he may enter Leinster House before the debate, and must be present on the steps of Leinster House again once the debate is over to be brought back to the 'Joy. The Judge has said that any use of the facilities in Leinster House - the bar or green room for example would be an indication of further contempt and may lead to further jail time. Interesting.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have'nt yet seen the TV coverage but from what I heard on radio when saying he did'nt intend to test the Tribunals paitence Lawless sounded like a teenager who for the first time in his life found himself out of his depth, and started pleading innocence/ignorance.

I hope no-one is dim enough to by that line.

Mike.

Advertisement