Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative SB PCI 128

• 08-12-2000 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I've had this card for a while now and it was working fine before I reformatted my HD and reinstalled win98... now however, when i try to install the drivers, i get a dialog box popping up and insisting that the card isn't installed... I've tried moving it to a different PCI slot to no avail... Any help would be welcome.

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Here's the exact error message :

"Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128 Hardware not detected. The driver will be disabled."

Bear in mind that this appears after I install the drivers. Windows detects the card instantly when it starts up and prompts me to install the drivers.

This is really giving me some headache.

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

load up windows as usual. go into device manager and check if there are any 'other devices' in the device manager list.
    remove them. then pop over to add new hardware and use your disk to install from 'have disk'
    unless the cdrom has a setup which installs the device without having to go through an add hardware wizard.
    also, try removing your modem if you have one, as sometimes they like to conflict.
    look in the bios and make sure plug and play is enabled and that you dont have an enabled on board sound card (if the mo-bo has one)
    apart from that, i'll buy it off you for 20 quid smile.gif

Heh, I bought it for £20 new :-) (OEM kit)

At the moment I'm using the poxy onboard soundcard... I might give the sb another go tomorrow.

Tis sorted... I dug out the CD and installed the drivers on it... 100% functional now smile.gif

Advertisement