Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zalman CU Flower Heat sink

• 07-02-2002 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭

Link to O/c'ers

I'm just wondering if many people hare have used one of these.

I recently helped a friend to install one on his XP1600 Socket A CPU. I found that it was quite a struggle to get it on even with my friend holding the coler in place and me ramming it down with my full weight.

Also how low can you turn it down without loosing proper cooling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i found it quite easy to install, just use the supplied tool to do it and it only takes a few seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I 'heard' (read) that though they may look cool, they are in fact no better at cooling the chipset then a regular block heatsink. That fan hanging over/beside em looks pants too.

Has anyone tried em agaist a bog standard HSF? Any good?
    Or is this a new-and-improved model?
    Comments and recipe ideas to the usual address before the 31st of Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

seems to be about as good at cooling as the thermalright SK6 for me, quieter too, and more airflow to the other components.

this is a new all copper one, www.overclockers.co.uk do it now, and have a link to a review of it.

its got more surface area than all the other coolers, and the copper is all one block, meaning better transfer, I wouldn't go back to another one now, + u can put on some really big fans, and have the noise bearable.

Used arctic silver on it too, but the bottom of the heatsink is almost spotless and smooth, even after applying the arctic silver to it to full the tiny holes, it stayed the copper colour, not as dull a colour as other coolers go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Do you know anyone who's tried out that www.quietpc.com graphics cooler thing? Looks good, wonder if I put a fan over the card would it help....

Advertisement