Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy 94 Fm

Options
  • 07-02-2002 6:46pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Energy is going down.. for good.. on the 16th of Feb :(

Even though its not the *best* station for my type of music, appart from the Vinyl fronter :) more for the younger ie. 14's but its not nice to see a station going down :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Good Riddence

Me is not a great fan of DOOMP DOOMP DOOMP DOOMP music.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Neil3030
    Good Riddence

Me is not a great fan of DOOMP DOOMP DOOMP DOOMP music.
    Me neither... In fact, I wouldn't actually call it music. Oh well. Its gone now anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Is this the station with the R&B show every weekday morning ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Fidelis
    Is this the station with the R&B show every weekday morning ?

Yea, it plays that shíte cause no-one ever listens that early :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

came across it while flicking through the stations on my way home from work the other night... thought it was muck... kept flicking and settled on East Coast Radio who were playing an acoustic U2 session... which was nice. Never found the 24/7 dance stations all that appealing to be perfectly honest.

Dance music is OK... I do the odd (rare) bit of DJ'ing myself and so can appreciate it... but constant DOOMPH DOOMPH DOOMPH THUMPA DOOMPH DEE DOOMPH DOOMPH has it's place - and that's not on the airwaves.

A good mix maketh a good radio station... as someone probably once said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It is a disappointment to see any station be pressured into shutting down in the way that Energy 94 has been.

I would like to wish the people at energy the best of luck in the future

Am living in Limerick and the ODTR shut down unlicenced station s here and it has proven to be counter productive.

get this editorial from todays Limerick Leader

leadereditorial001.jpg

Im not a fan of boom boom boom music either but at least energy got up of their butts and put out music which there was a demand for

out of those of you who critisise energy hands up those who have set up a radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by fcddunne

out of those of you who critisise energy hands up those who have set up a radio station

We don't have to have done a better job of running a radio station ourselves, or even be in any way experienced in broadcasting, to say that Energy did a shit job of it.

Advertisement