Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleedin sound probs

• 10-12-2000 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Elo peeps

Ok anyone come across this problem b4?.Just upgraded to a kt7 raid board 1 gig amd tbird [overclockerble to 1.2 but i havent yet].Right bought a sb live player 5.1 from pcworld [stop sniggering at the back pleez]and its like the line out jack is foooooked
    exact prob is im not getting any sound out of me speakers or headphones out of that jack if i plug said stuff into the rear out jack i get sound but only left channel.I can also get sound from the front if i pretend i have 5 speakers but no right channel [ie i get sound out of my right speaker when the woman says centre].I say again when i have speakers rigged to the line out jack i get no sound at all.

Stonemason biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Check the jumpers on the soundcard - some cards have jumper-selectable output. ie, you can make one of the ports a speaker or line out or maybe just nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

stone what drivers are you using? are you using the right eax for the sound? what os and so on

soz about not meeting you in the bleeding horse we where up stairs btw

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

HIYA

Sutty im useing windows 98 dunno bout the eax that came with the card sb live player 5.1.I figured out id forgotten to install the drivers for the raid dooooh when i had that done reinstalled the soundcard but it gave me a blue screen hang error message read fatal exception at OE 0028:c2a167d0 BLOODY THING.

As for the bleeding horse to say i was miffed was an understatement spent the night walking arround upstairs and downstairs asking if anyone was in HIV nearly got into a scrap over it grrrr .Got well ****ed in the process also big grins to to tincool frodo kenanda [soz not sure of the spelling lol]meglome and hellguy.Meglome offered HIV upstairs for a lan game in the at the time unopened DOES NOT COMPUTE netcafe which would have been a good laugh [big thx and soz for not coming back up meglome btw best of luck with the new cafe]

Stonemason
    ps i was in da horse by 8.30pm

[This message has been edited by THE SPERMINATOR (edited 11-12-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, i had this problem with my card.
    2 things could be that you have digital output checked, but you are using anologue jacks. this will cause sound to come out only on of the phone jacks
    another problem is obviously the sound setup. have you got it set for 2 or 4 speakers. i think if that unless you are using digital output connections, using the surround sound option will cause this to happen as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Ok lads tis sorted
    Only took me three pigging days grrr hehee turned out to be a weird irq prob.not sure what was going on but it was like the sb was following my hpt 370 controler arround i.e id shift hpt to irq 4 next time i started sb had followed it heheheh and was causing a conflict.ooo well thx for the posts. biggrin.gif

[HIV.C.O.A.P.I.A.B.L.O.L]Stonemason rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement