Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT to cut DSL prices

Options
  • 07-02-2002 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Found this article in my PC Pro email letter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

same article in the reg.
    Amazing isn't it ?...BT have copped on that pricing is a huge factor in lack of take-up of broadband.(besides lack of awareness)
    Will €ircoN learn ?

/me dont thk so :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Course, it's only a rumour, but speculation seems to have settled down now to BT actually bringing down their prices, albeit at a controlled rate. Isn't it a pity that BT's wholly-owned Irish subsidiary isn't able to act so proactively? Especially with their inside knowledge of incumbent behaviour and technologies. Tsk tsk. Stinks of market control to me.

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ANother "BT cutting Wholesale ADSL rates" news flash (again from pcpro mail update)

Read it here

A figure on narrowband connectivity is the only real figure given in the article though. Oh well!

Britain, of course, lags behind in the broadband stakes in Western Europe. Although, as Oftel would point out, it is leading the way with narrowband access (with up to 45 per cent of homes now believed to be Net-connected).

Advertisement