Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more heating bills?!

• 09-12-2000 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Got my 1.1GHz Athalon built with no problems (there's a first smile.gif)

So I left it running for 3 hours while diagnostics ran on the machine.

The machine changed the room temperture of my apartment by 10F !!! Went from just 70 to near 80. Considering it's snowing outside and the heating isn't on that's pretty impressive smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

From the topic title I thought you bought a PS2 tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually here's something that p1sses me off with Sony.

I bought a brand new PS1 over a year ago for $99. So how the **** can they sell a PS1 in a new case for the exact same price? Tight fisted gits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I bought a brand new PS1 five years ago for £300. So how the **** can they sell a PS2 playing slightly updated versions of PS1 games for £80 more?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yeah same with my 900Mhz it heats up my room a LOT and I always end up turning off the radiater in my room
    hehe
    its nice for when going to bed with a warm room biggrin.gif

:Oj:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

That at lot of heat generated. Cn't be good for the cpu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

CPU is fine (checked it's temperture), it's just heating up the room.

Advertisement